Chapter 10: Predicament

After that conversation we had in her office, it takes time again to approach her. Actually, I didn't have to approach her. She always shows up like a cat with unusual behavior but it's kind of good.

I think Ms. Venable trying to be as nice as she could.

Right now, I was in the lounge. Peeking if they need a service or help for anything. They're bored. I can see in their eyes, losing hope to live. I feel sympathy for them. We all gonna die after all if we didn't do anything just to survive. I was going to leave them in peace but I hear someone calling my name. It was regretful that I check the lounge.

"Seems like you have free time, (Y/N)" Mr. Gallant says. I turnround and I forced myself to smile. I really have time but I don't want to waste it just for talking with them. Telling how rich they are before the nuclear bombs. Mr. Gallant glances at Coco who giving him a fake smile. It appears she's agreeing with him. I really understand that she hates it, the part that I'm not sticking myself to her. I walk towards them, standing beside Coco who sitting on the sofa.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I really do have a time and it's time for being a helper of Ms. Mead and M-" she interrupts me by mentioning that last name that I'm going to say.

"Ms. Venable. Yes. She's being selfish or insecure" she scoffs then looks at me with doubt. Showing her disagreement about the principle of Ms. Venable. I keep myself shut about it, unwilling to say something about the rules of the Leader. I stare at Coco, waiting for her reaction regarding this. She's irritated as it seems like she wants to protest about it. I made her wait and it's my fault.

"I noticed how she's being secure with everyone. I mean... what's her intention to us, to you? She's really a psycho" she laughs after that, releasing her hate to Ms. Venable. I keep my mouth shut concerning the opinion of Coco. It becomes below the belt that she doesn't know anything about what's going on the outside and Ms. Venable. We don't even know if there's a remaining person from the ground.

They laugh but it stops when they hear a tap, coming from the library. It was Ms. Venable, standing on the side of the wall. Her poker face means she heard everything Coco said.

"Seems like you two didn't have any consideration on everything I've done. I can let you all die in hunger if you all want to" her cold tone gives everyone a sign to keep their mouth shut. They just listen to her, can't speak, or interrupts her states. After that, she stares at Coco. Giving Coco a threat by using her eyes.

"Despite your narrow-minded, you desperately become indiscriminate to a servant" she chuckles then glances at me. A sharp glint on her eyes upon her glance. It was perilous, filled by risk. Her cane taps again on the floor, leaves a loud stroke for everyone then she stares again. However, she suddenly walks away.

She wants me to follow her.

I leave Coco and everyone is silent, following Ms. Venable in her office. She

"Close the door" she orders harshly, standing behind me. Waiting for me to close the door. I feel uncomfortable with her tone. It becomes aggressive and cold. I think she's mad about Coco. Eventually, I close the door and turnround. It happened so fast that I couldn't even imagine.

A sudden slam coming through the door.

She lunges me on the door, makes me startle. Leaning her left hand on it, causes me to close my eyes of a sudden.

I feel my heart pounding like a knock on the door.

I stare into her eyes. Her eyes flicker for a second. Her sharp eyes meet mine. Letting the communications started by our gazes. Our silent evolves differently to us.

She's frightened me. She always made me feel unusual to her.

"I told you to not speak with that woman. Don't disobey my rules again, (Y/N)" her warn gives me a shiver running to my spine. Getting me to freeze for a moment. I hear the sounds of her breathe. Exhale in frustration.

I see her eyes. It's full of pain.

She's suffering from something. It looks weak and gloomy.

A sudden firm holds coming from her hand.

She grabs my neck, making me difficult to breathe. She looks at me with her wide-open eyes. Her grips become tighter and tighter. I feel her hand shaking like it wants to hold on.

"Why you're so fucking inconvenient, (Y/N)?!" she stops, running her hands to my shoulder. She holds it, not wanting to put it off while looking at me. Her eyes getting watered, making her look suffered. I can't believe what I'm seeing in her. She bows her head, unwillingly shows herself. She's trying to hold back her tears.

"Why did I do, Ms. Venable?" I hold her hand on my shoulder that makes her surprised. She turnround, looking directly at my eyes. We're eye contacting again, letting the silences come to our places. Making us think more of what occurred this day. I sense that she wants to say something.

She's unpredictable.

Something comes out to me that I let my hand holds her shoulder. Touching the garment of her dress. It was soft and warm, yearn me to caress it. She didn't remove my hand instead, she smiles without taking her eyes off me.

What is this feeling that makes me want to hold her longer?

A sudden tight action comes out from me. I let myself hold her, hugging her. She froze that I wrap my arms on her back. Giving her snuggle that might help her to stop her distress. Leaning my head into hers, it was warm though.

My heartbeat fasts like it's going to explode.

I hope Ms. Venable won't mind it. It's just a tension I have with her. She touches my hair, brushing it until she lifts my chin. Making me meet her eyes. It's an inches gap on our face. I can feel her lip shifting. She was smiling.

A bizarre sensation comes into me, compelling me to want to do something that I shouldn't have.

Suddenly, it stops by a loud knock coming through the door.

We apart ourselves before she opened the door, revealing that it was Ms. Mead. She looks stunned, seeing me here with Ms. Venable. We're looking at each other with haze. After that, it stops when Ms. Venable hit her cane on the floor. Lending me a sign by her glimpse that I should leave. Letting them have some time. Yes, I should leave before Ms. Mead says about something. I walk out, giving them spaces.

I feel relieved after I reached my room. It was an unexplainable one. The thing I have with Ms. Venable. Last week, she gave me shivers, and now.

She gives me a fucking rapid heartbeat.

Turns out that there's something wrong. It's not normal like when we're talking in her office or in the library. It feels like hell because it makes me feel strange about it.

"Have you ever been in love, (Y/N)?"

It was a foolish question. It's nothing to do about it. I touch my chest, it gets faster and faster. The more I think about her question with her face, the more becomes worse. I lean to the door and exhales, expecting to calm my nerves and heart.

It's useless.

"When they're pathetic. Humans become unaware just for that feeling. When they care, miss the person they like even it's just a foolish act"

Her words shattered my silence.

I kneel down, still checking the heartbeat of mine. It's getting faster than a race car. I can feel the sweat dripping from my forehead. I exhale but I feel anxious about this feeling. My heart tells everything and I shouldn't feel it. The fondness I have for Ms. Venable. The sensation that might destroy me and my bond to Ms. Venable.

Why you're doing this to me, Ms. Venable?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Sorry if I published late Chapter 9 but I hope you like it. Thank you for voting and reading. I will make more chapter that based on my idea. Again, enjoy reading and voting for it. Take care always! (^ ^")