Chapter 16: Conceal

"Just stay with me, (Y/N)"

Again and again, her voice repeatedly echoing in my head. Interrupts my thoughts to go another. It busts up my concentration when I'm doing my responsibility as a gray. She's freaking me out my entire day this month because of what we're doing for these weeks. I always stay in her office, having a quiet moment with her but it's adequate. She allowed me to write or draw while I'm with her as long I'm not disobeying her rules. Everything I saw in her with that room is not a usual narcissist and sadist Ms. Venable.

That makes her interesting than the others.

Currently, she's having a difficult day. Let me rest and leave her that makes me visit the Purples. I went to the lounge, exposing my presence to them but somehow, they're all not in a usual mood. Coco looked in panic as same as other reactions. I run at Coco, question her what's behind of these alarming faces they have. I look at them with wrinkles on my forehead. There's must be something important here. Urgent eye contact of Coco throbs me in some way.

"Stu is gone" my eyes broaden after realizing Stu is missing. Why she's saying Stu is gone when yesterday I see him going to his boyfriend? How is that possible? Mr. Gallant stands. I could notice on his hands that he's frightened about this, his shake hands and his way to breathe. Mr. Gallang face me with his quiver state.

"I s-saw it. She s-shot him. I...I saw it in my own eyes, (Y/N). They fucking kill him because he was infected" his teeth gritted, enduring how shaky and terrified he was witnessed. Who's he's pertaining about?

"Who? Who shot him?" I posthaste ask. The beat of my heart getting fast, hoping Mr. Gallant is not preferring about her. I know Ms. Venable wouldn't do it. It's not her thing. After our conversation yesterday, I realize that I know her better than anyone. I trust her so much.

I know you're not like that, Ms. Venable.

"Ms. Mead. She did it. S-she checked him again but he's still contaminated even they clean him" the tense of my heart getting low after hearing Mr. Gallant saying it. I'm correct about it. I look down in sympathy but feel afraid again. Discovering Ms. Mead's turn that thing on Stu was inhumane and injustice. Maybe that's why they're having a meeting this now. Sinking to my psyche that might a purpose why Ms. Venable is not at the right time to show up her presence for everyone here.

I didn't even second thought about it but doubting myself of everything I believe so I hastily peek into her room. Luckily, the door is locked but I'll be able to hear their voices out here by leaning my head a bit on her door. I can hear their laugh especially Ms. Venable laughs. I don't get it why they seem so fine while Stu is dead. This is complicated for me.

"I love their faces" I don't understand why Ms. Venable loves the reaction of the Purple. My heartbeats are getting shattered when there another comes out on her.

"that witless saying to himself "can't believe this is happening to me" I hold my breath, opposes the fright I have for their nefarious conversation. My eyes widened after she says another word.

"I'm not embarrassed to say, it gives me tingles" hearing her laughs after clinking their glass. I want to throw up by shame I received. Everything is just a dream, illusion. Disappointment comes into me, marking how dumb I am for Ms. Venable. I thought I truly know her, like her.

"I wonder what will The Cooperative think about this? Making our own rules and threaten them?" Ms. Mead query like she's concerned about it. What's The Cooperative? Are they one of us? They might be the head of this shelter, this Outpost. Consequently, these two are just assistants of these people they called.

I depart before they could open the door. Slip me from the door, then procure to not create a sound coming out on my foot. Successfully, I made it before they might notice someone pass on Ms. Venable's room. I walk fleet, going in the kitchen. I don't want to look messed up and doomed about their secret I've already known. Washes my hand in the sink. The Cooperative should know about this. The situation and violence they have for us.