Chapter 4 The Green Mage

Chapter 4

Lamir was as proud of his new apprentice as he was overwhelmingly impressed each day. About six months of training had gone by since the day they first met, and Volondove had already learned more than any other student lamir ever had. And he was able to apply what he had been taught with flying colors as well.

He had achieved near master level education in such a short amount of time. All he needed was some extra first hand experience in his teachings to really get the hang of the minor details. But that will come with time.

Through out the duration of the training time, Volondove had been taking Lamir's teachings to heart. He had been focusing most of his time and effort on the spiritual seperation ritual Lamir had showed him on day one. He had been practicing the ritual again and again untill he was able complete the spell without exhausting himself. And now, on his final day of training, it was time to show it.

When lamir finally arrived for his final day of training, He came with some interesting news.

"Volondove." He began. "I think this should come as no surprise that this is your final day of training."

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Volondove asked out of sarcasm.

"Absolutely." Lamir said. "You have proven that you are ready for your next lesson. Well, almost."

"Almost? What do you mean by almost?" Volondove asked with a sudden change in enthusiasm.

"While you have nearly mastered healing, protection, augmentation and restoration magic, you are just barely close to mastering light magic."

Volondove figured he would say something like that. He hadn't told Lamir about the time he spent practicing his spiritual separation And was prepared for a demonstration of his level of mastery. All he needed was a target.

As he dashed his eyes around the property for something to separate, a small blue bird pirched itself upon the railing on his front porch right next to Lamir.

"How is this for mastery?" Volondove asked rehetoricaly. With a flick of the wrist, a bolt of golden light flew from his hand and struck the bird square in the chest. With no knock back from the impact of the bolt, the bird slumped forward onto it's face and layed there dead.

Lamir whipped his head to see the bolt as it wized by his head, and saw the bird laying lifeless on the railing. He then turned back to face Volondove and began slow clapping.

"Why am I not surprised anymore." He said as a smile stretched across his face. "Once again you have exceeded all expectations."

"So what do you think? Is that master level for you?" Volondove said feeling confident in his abilities.

"Hands down!" Lamir replied. "Congrats to you kid. You completed part one of your training."

"Part one?" Volondove asked.

"But I thought we covered everything there is in divine magic."

"And you have." Lamir said.

"I have taught you everything I know about the Eam and his divine properties. And you have proven to be proficient in the divine practices. As such, I believe it is time for you to move on to your next master."

"Next master? What other master?" Volondove asked.

"Surely you remember that there are five staff bearers right?" Lamir said. "You have already mastered one form of magic and have adapted one fraction of the eam's original magics. So it is time to move on to another."

Volondove had forgotten all about the other staff bearers. He had been so focused on his training with Lamir and practicing his spiritual separation that he had erased all thought of the other four staff bearers.