part 1 A new Begining

Chapter 1

The sound of rocks and pebbles being crushed under track could be heard by the sharpest of elven ears. A large carrage was leisurely rolling down the side of a gravel road. In the front of the vessel were two small brown horses, leading the way up north as they pulled a wagon half full of logs and processed pieces of oak wood and other wooden furniture.

The master of these animals and the owner of the wagon they were pulling, was a tall, large, muscular brown haired man by the name of Volondove Caladian. A man who's shoulders were as broad as they come, and who's hair was as short and brown as the maine of the horses pulling the wagon.

It was a rather lovely day for travel in the country side that day. The sky was as blue as the sea to the east. the sounds of the sparrows chirping and other various sounds of nature were echoing through out the wood line surrounding the area. And the sensation of completing a long days work made the evening all the more enjoyable.

Volondove was a hard working man who's skill with a hammer and a saw is like none other. He had his own trading post just a few miles to the south where he would sell stacks lumber that he had harvested himself. He would also craft furniture and other wooden products by hand to sell on a daily basis.

As the working man he was he would commonly stay up very late, sometimes all night working on his lumber crafts, at least in recent times. It was his full time job after all. He had no boss, no manager nor any assistants. His ran his little company all on his own. And today was no different.

Well, kind of. He had finished selling more logs this day than he usually would. He made several sales with some of the local humans and wood elves just a few miles down south. So he was feeling especially good about hi labors, and even more beat that evening.

It was a rather successful business he had. As he set up shop in the wood elven lands of North Varamath, a region teeming with life and an abundance of trees for any random joe to come along and chop down. The wood elves don't mind outsiders much as thier practices of elemental magic meant that they could simply regrow any lost Forrest in matter of days so it worked out for him to start his career up here.

And to make things even better for his business the elves generally don't have a need for extreme amounts of wood harvesters outside the villages. Other than the elementalists elves replanting the Forrest, but their terramancers have allowed them to harvest stone for building and other minerals basically for free. (Though these practices are controlled by the government of the Commune.) So the elves don't mind it if others come and harvest some lumber here and there or take up some building bricks back to the human kingdoms to the south.

All was going well for Volondove that day. He was looking forward to coming home to see his lovely wife. a fare but plain maiden she was, a brown haired woman from the human kingdom of Delirious. A lovely woman by the name of Natilda. They had been married for several years now and expecting a new addition to the family fairly soon.

But as much as he loved to be with her he also become rather drudged. You see, Natilda had been sick for some time now, and the symptoms have only gotten worse. Her condition made him greatly worried as he didn't know how to cure her illness. But he was determined to cure her, by any means necessary.

But Volondove soon pulled on the reins to his horses in an instant. The animals stopped dead in their tracks when he pulled the reigns. something caught his attention out in the distance.

From among the canopy wood line of the great northern forrest A pillar of smoke rose through the tree tops. Just over the towering tree tops a black smoke pillar twisted and turned with the light breeze as it rose higher and higher into the evening sky.