Chapter 5

One of the corridors, a purple haired model walked out of the darkness and into the dim lighting. Carlyle was checking on his smartmobile about a report containing passwords before he saw a beautiful model standing right in front of him. His lens glinted. "Well look who it is?"
"Can it, you dipshtick! I'm not in the mood."
“🎶~Temper, temper~🎶 You don't want me to leak all your lewd images to every social website on the web do you?” Carlyle replied on a singsong.
"What do you want?" Blair inquired in a contemptuous tone.
"The keys."
"You mean these?" She held the keys in her hand before she tossed them.
"Good!" Carlyle caught the keys before they made a metallic jiggle.
"Now you finish your end of the bargain." Blair demanded with her arms crossed.
"Oh now now don't fret... I'll be deleting one of the thousands of images from your account. It would be a shame if your friend found out about your dirty little secret." Carlyle warned while he showed one of the racy images that he found her account.
"We had a deal!" She yelled indignantly.
"You see, this is why you should be more prudent with the things you do. You'll never know who would get their hands on them." He said with a smug look on his face.
"Grrrhhh!" Blair growled, irate. Carlyle looked on his mobile.
"Looks like your friend is about to walk to your room any minute now, you better go catch her." And just as he expected, Blair ran away as fast as she could to her room. "Oh how I love blackmailing, the easiest way to manipulate a person into doing your bidding." Carlyle mused as he looked through Blair's provocative profile before he saw a phot of her that really spooked him. "Aaahhh! Good lord! That's disgusting!"

Ember and Electra were walking next to each other. "This is just great... I get to overtime while you get the day off." Ember said unenthused. Electra gave a scornful glare at her.
"Hey! I don't like it anymore than you do. I'm the one who has to tell the whole staff to take the day off, and they're the ones who worked longer than anybody here. At least your group doesn't get easily suspicious and bombard you with questions like mine do. What am I supposed to say? That there's amaniac on the loose planning to KILL US ALL?!" Electra responded, slowly getting twitchy and erratic. Ember recognized that Electra was on the verge of a meltdown. She recognized how Electra was nearing into a panic, it starts with a nervous tick, like her right eye twitched while her mouth quivers, then her hands get all shaky, so Ember pit a hand on her shoulder and looked at her square in the eye.
"Ellie, chill." Though those words were not exactly calming, it took a couple of seconds for Electra to stop twitching. "Just leave all the talking to me."
"Have you forgotten the last time I let all the talking you?!" Electra scolded her while Ember had an unabashed deviant smirk with a cigarette in hand. With the know-it-all, stiff-necked personality of the employees of the powergrid and Ember's carefree nonchalant attitude, it was a recipe for disaster in terms of negotiating.
"Well it worked didn't it?" Ember gave a non-committal shrug before lighting her cigarette.
"You're such a hot-head." Electra commented while Ember blew a smoke before giving a wink.
"What are friends for?" Ember smirked while Electra gave an I'm-still-mad-at-you look.

"Hey, Hermina. I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me? I mean, if you want to. It's okay if you don't want--"

"Sure. I would love to." Hermina said it with a bright smile on her face.

"Really?" Henry's question had been answered qith a kiss on the cheek. His eyes lit up while on the inside, he felt ecstatic. YES!

Bonnie and Clyde returned to the corridor, the female copilot put her fists on her hips. "I don't get why the boss is having a hard time finding Gail. She usually hides at the foodcourt, at the gym, and the arcade sometimes."
"It's because Gail is a ginger y'know, since gingers are known for being soulless fiends. You know how the boss has a knack of ensnaring people with her death glare with those beady eyes that watch your every move, judging your very soul." Clyde rambled.
"Or... is because she has the keys to the control room whom the voss was referring to." Bonnie clarified blankly.
"I'm telling you Bonnie, it's because the boss can't sense her through her soul-trapping glare. For years no one wad able to escape the all-seeing Vargas until Gail came into the picture by escaping undetectes like a shadow. It makes perfect sense once you think about it." The male copilot speculated.
"Just go and find her."
"Fine! I'm going! Sheesh!" Clyde hollered, "Don't get your tights in a twist." He mumbled.
"What was that?" Bonnie raised three octaves.
"Nothing." Clyde said in a not so chipper tone while he headed to find Gail.
"That's what I thought!"

Meanwhile on deck...

"And this is my husband, Wilmer." Lindsay introduced her cousin to her husband.
"Hi, I'm Nancy, nice to meet you." Nancy gave her hand before the CEO of a bank shook her hand.
"The pleasure is all mine." Wilmer gave a dimpled smile while he looked he looked at Nancy's icy blue eyes. "I can see that looks run well in the family."
"You shouldn't be so modest, Mr. Banks." Nancy smiled while she looked at the wealthy businessman. Kent was typing on his laptop before he took a reprieve to look around the deck.

Weird... she looks like I've seen before, but I can't put my finger on it. Kent thought while he squinted through his glasses. Wait...is that...Nancy?! He saw the redhaired model talk with an air of confidence. "What is she doing here?" He glared at her from afar while she waved her cousin, and her spouse goodbye with a smile on her face, when she turned away she revealed her real face, angry as she walked away with the clank of her heels, not knowing or noticing that Kent was there. What is she up to? He gave a surmisive glance at her before he lost his train of thought. Wait! Where are the kids?!

Dawn sat down on an empty table before she planted her head against the table in exhaustion, still wearing the fairy costume. The little birthday girl saw the lazy fae putting an arm over her head, assuming that the entertainer already fell asleep. Cindy put her hands against her hips then puffed her cheeks angrily before she walked up to Dawn and pulled her arm forcefully yelling, "PLAY WITH ME!!!"
"Five more minutes..." Dawn groaned while she felt the tug and pull on her left arm. Kent's youngest children, Lucy and Tommy passed by.
"Hey, Cindy!" Lucy hollered.
"Do you wanna play hide 'n' seek?" Tommy asked while he stretched his arm to wave at her. The birthday girl's eyes lit up and accepted to play.
"Wait for me!" Cindy ran up to them to play, while they chortled as they walked away from the table Dawn was.
"Hallelluyah." Dawn breathed as she laid there, trying to rest. Not far from where she was a blonde business woman was talking on the phone.
"What do you mean I didn't pay the last income this month?" She inqured irritably. "Now you listen here," Mandy paced back and forth, bickering with an accountant over the phone, "I already paid the last three taxes and paid them through my account. No, I didn't change my account, you lousy cheapskate! Oh! It can't be found in the bank's archives!? If I find out that this is some kind of scam, I will sue you for fraud! And you'll be hearing from my LAWYERS!!!" Mandy yelled over the phone before she hung up and threw the smartphone at a nearby table while she turned, pinching the bridge of her nose. I hate my life.
"Ow! Watch it!" Dawn shouted, "I'm trying to sleep! What kind of idiot would be dumb enough to throw their own cellphone anyway!?"
"ENOUGH!" Mandy yelled before she stomped towards Dawn, "You don't know what I'm going through! You don't hav any idea what issues I have to put up with! I'm about to lose my house and my job. You don't even have half of my problems. All you do is entertain mangy brats all day. Look at you, lying down on the job, slacking off."
Dawn raised her head up with a scornful glare. "You know nothing about me. You don't know why I'm here and how I ended up here! At least you weren't tricked into coming here in the first place." Dawn stood up from the table while she walked towards the blonde business woman. "Do you think I like handling bratty children while wearing a ridiculous costume!? I'd like to see you try it!" Dawn slammed the table with one hand, challenging her. Mandy tsked at her before she rolled her eyes.
"Oh please, I can handle mangy brats." She actually smirked, as if the anger she had slightly diminished. "I used to be a sneaky rascal. How can you not handle a child?" Mandy snorted.
"That thing is not a child! That thing is an evil little beast disguised as a fairy princess." Dawn ranted while Mandy chuckled, "She's pure unadulterated evil." Dawn warned before pantomiming to look like a devil while she hissed.
"Oh yeah, sure. Then how come my nephews are having fun playing with her?" Mandy pointed her thumb, only for Dawn to see the little birthday girl playing patty cake with another girl her age while a little boy was pretending to be an airplane, running circles around them. "If I was able to put up with my dim-witted brother, I can handle his kids easy. And let me tell ya, for as long as I watched them grow, those two are almost inseparable." Mandy then let out a sigh,"Siblings. Can't live with them, can't live without 'em."
"Tell me about it. As much as I love my sister, her flirting can get her into a lot of trouble. Especially if I'm the one getting dragged into it." Dawn said, her demeanor more neutral.
"My brother used to be a womanizer before he settked down and believe me, it's hard to be taken seriously when you're the youngest."
"Same here." Dawn said, sympathizing with her.