Chapter 14

There were two beautiful women who entered in one of the clothing stores which displayed fine dresses, blouses, jeans of different shapes and styles, colorful accesories, underwear of different cup sizes ranging, and footwear fitting for spring time and summer time. The prices ranging from $8.00 to $50.00. One of them were looking around to pick which outfit to buy while the other waited for the shoppaholic to get distracted long enough for her to leave.

"Kill me..." Nancy thought, her bored expression hidden behind her sunglasses.

"Oh my gosh. Nancy, look at this blouse. It's gorgeous." Lindsay said as she took out the hangar from the rack of the row of blouses to show the fucshia blouse that had ruffles on the edge of the sleeve, long enough to cover the shoulders. The front of the blouse has a similar design while the collar of the blouse had a shimmering fabric that descended to the left above where the left breast would be.

"Not bad, but it isn't my style." Nancy replied noncommitably while her cousin gave a dismissive hand wave.

"Oh lighten up, a little shopping won't kill you." Lindsay said jokingly.

"Sorry Lindsay, I'm on a tight budget. I don't have the luxury in finding a hubby that can cover my expenses." Nancy bluntly spoke, perhaps that would convince her cousin to shut her trap, but no, she was still the same chatterbox like back when they were children. Only this time, she had more influences and a higher social status.

"Don't be silly. I had to audit most of Wilmer's transactions back when I was his secretary. What you need is to administrate your own account and remove the scumbag you call a manager." Lindsay stated nonchalant as if it were the most easiest task to remove from her checklist.

"He's the one who gave me the heads up about the scandal that occured around the agency." Nancy mentioned.

"Oooooh, a scandal! Please do tell." Lindsay humored her, despite that she acted like a plucky girl, she wasn't stupid.

"I rather not talk about it." Nancy stated and she meant it.

"Because you know I'm right, like I'm also right about the stunning outfit I'm gonna show you." Lindsay insisted as she wave her finger like a magic wand.

"Fine, convince me." Nancy conceded, Lindsay beamed while she looked for an outfit. "Good. Maybe that will keep her distracted for a while."

Blair looked through the glass window in one of the stores that she walked by and saw an aquamarine blouse with rhinestones. "Check it out, it's fabulous."

"If you think so, you should check out Bling Blitz, they have the cutest accesories. You're gonna love it." Gail suggested as she took her to the aforementioned store.

Dawn had looked through one of the plexi glass windows of the massive aircraft and watched the cirrus sky before she saw a blurry object fly out on the corner of her eye, the brown cap flew out of view in less then a second. She thought that a bird flew by before two security bots droned behind her to pick up a passenger that attempted to jump out of the aircraft. "They shouldn't bring undiagnosed mental health patients to begin with." Dawn thought dismissively before the security bots brought Autumn, the security bots held her on each side to prevent her from escaping while they escorted to her designated dorm room. Dawn recognized the orange streaks of Autumn's hair through the reflection of the plexi glass. She turned over her shoulder as she saw the security bots take her sister away. "Autumn!" Dawn ran after her.

Gail and Blair enter Bling Blitz, Blair immediately picked the first dress she saw and held it too see if it molded well with her shape. "It really suits you." Gail complimented her.

"I know, right?" Blair headed to the dresser to try it on. Just as Gail turned away to walk out the door, she checked her front pockets and her back pockets.

"My wallet!" Gail ran back into the store by the time Blair got undressed to try on the new dress. Lindsay entered the dressing room to try on a long sleeved blouse with frills and opened an unoccupied dressing room door before Gail entered to look for Blair.

Gail didn't have to look far because she recognized Blair's low-heel sandals, and her painted toes. She leaned on the dressing room door next to Blair's and whispered, "Blair, could you pass my wallet?"

Blair put on the dress and took out Gail's wallet from her handbag before she opened the door to give to her.

"Thanks." Gail picked her wallet and pocketed it.

"You really need to get your own purse." Blair suggested.

"I'll get one after my next paycheck, don't worry about it." Gail brushed it off with a dismissive hand wave.

"I mean it, one of these days you're gonna lose it when you least expect it. You won't know when it's going to slip out of your pockets or where you're gonna drop it all because you're too stingy to buy your own purse." Blair stated.

"It's more likely for someone to swoop in and steal your purse you're not looking. That's why I prefer to use my pockets." Gail commented before a Lindsay opened the door and walked out of the dressing room with the blouse she intended to buy, ignoring the debate the two women had about potential theft.

"There's a viral video of a guy stealing a woman's purse at a restaurant. He wore shades, a hoodie, and a face mask, the easily stole it while she was looking on her phone." Gail countered.

"You'll most likely get robbed in a similar fashion. Just put your headphones on blast and you won't notice a stranger rob you until it's too late." Blair commented.

"Have you forgotten that I used to fight underground?" Gail reminded her.

"There's always a first time, don't forget that I saw you rummage through your baggy cammo pants that had like 18 pockets which you bought four years ago." Blair countered.

"Don't you dare diss my utility pants." Gail warned.

"Are you kidding? It had so many pockets that you could store a whole tech supply in there."

"It was made for survival, what did you expect?"

Lindsay walked up to Nancy and showed her the cute white blouse she found for her. "This blouse would blend more with your style. It's classy, chic."

"That's nice, but I really don't think..." Nancy paused when she spotted Blair's violet hair from a yards away. "No."

"I knew you'd love it." Lindsay said before Nancy interjected.

"Girl, I'll tell you the gossip. C'mere," Lindsay leaned in for her cousin to spill the scoop.

"The reason why the agency is on the tabloids is because one of the models got involved in prostitution, and the CEO got accused of sexual assault." Nancy whispered, Lindsay faux-gasped.

"That's nothing new." Lindsay commented.

"That chick with the purple hair over there is the one who accused the CEO." Nancy added.

"Get outta here." Lindsay murmured nearly about the same time Gail exited the store angrily. Nancy and Lindsay looked at Gail, then at Blair before Blair closed herself into the dressing room to get changed.