Chapter 9

"To be honest, it's been a while since I had someone to talk to." Mandy started as she was sitting on a table with Dawn, "I'm starting to miss having misadventures with my brother."

"Mandy!" Her brother hollered while they both turned to look at Kent bring his laptop under his arm. "I found out why you haven't had any contact from us these last few months." He said while Mandy slung her arm over the back of the chair.

"How nice Captain Obvious, I already know someone hacked into my profile and my bank account. What I want to know is who did it?" Mandy remarked sarcastically.

"I know who," Kent paused as he slowly opened his laptop, "though I'm embarrassed to tell you." As he opened the laptop, Mandy saw the profile of her nephew, and his smug face. Furious, she stood up and searched for him. At the food court, Kenny and the arcade guy sat a table while the obese employee laid the tray on the table.

"Thanks for the snacks A.G. though I can't help but feel that something's coming back to bite me." He said, looking at the fast food.

"No sweat man, that's what are friends for." The arcade guy shrugged his shoulders while he saw the prepubescent stare at the tray. "Are you gonna finish that?" He asked before he grabbed a burger from Kenny's tray.

"You can have it, I'm not feeling that hungry anyway." Kenny replied as he watched him took a large bite from the burger as he munched on the carbs that contained the processed food. Not far from the food court, Mandy's silhouette appeared as she angrily trekked to reach the seat where her nephew was she got closer and closer until she caught him by surprise yanking his ear as the minor elicited a pained cry. "Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow!"

"You're in a lot of trouble young man!" Mandy shouted while Kenny repeated the *ow* like a mantra.

Arcade Guy slurped on a smoothie as he took a stand, slamming his free hand on the table. "Don't worry, kid. I'll get you out."

"YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!" Mandy bellowed as the employee paused, turned pale and took the trays of food to make his retreat.

"Sorry dude, you're on your own." Said the large man without looking at her direction for he knew how to pick his battles, though this one however, was not worth the risk of losing $30 worth of food as he swerved his way out of the food court.

"You're coming with me." Mandy comanded while she pinched the helix of his ear as he stood up from the chair as he followed her while still spouting the pained mantra.

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow! Let go of my ear!" Kenny grabbed her by the wrist before she yanked him harder than let him go.

"You deserve it, you little brat." She sneered as she glared daggers at him.

"What are you talking about?" Kenny asked irritably.

"Don't play dumb. I know you hacked into my bank account for your own personal gain. I'm telling your mother about this." Mandy responded as she took out her phone before Kenny tried to steal it from her, she elbowed him in the sternum in self defense.

As Kenny recovered, Mandy dialed to call Veronica, his mother. He got on his knees and wrapped his arms around her thighs and screamed, "NOOOOOOOOOO!!! She'll ground me FOREVER! She'll take away my video games, my tablet, my smartphone, my comoic books, my MP3 player! I'll die of BOREDOM!!!"

Mandy looked down on him as the phone call dropped. "You think that's bad? Imagine waht would happen if you get sent to juvy for hacking into the files of a government base, or worse?" Her nephew let her go and looked at her.

"How am I supposed to know?! I'm just a kid!" He retorted.

"Just a kid? With an I.Q. of 250? I always knew you were that you're a smart kid, Kenny, but I can't believe that you would do something so stupid. I'm very disappointed in you." Mandy chastised him.

"Are you kidding me?! You used to do that all the time when you were little. You hacked many electronics easily. You could've been the most feared cyberterrorist by now!" Kenny countered angrily.

"Listen to yourself! Do you have any idea what you're talking about?" Mandy scrutinized him while her nephew rolled his eyes.

"Sounds a lot better than being a stupid kid. Nobody takes you seriously when you're a kid, they just play along and pretend they care before they get sucked in with their own peoblems." Kenny disputed before he felt a hand on his shoulder, he gave a skeptic glance at the gesture.

"Listen Kenny," she got down on her knees to be eye level with him, "the reason why I'm telling you these things is because I don't want you to repeat the same mistakes I made." Kenny looked at her while she continued. "There are things I've done that I'm not proud of. I don't want you to end up behind bars like I was. I'm telling you this from personal experience."

Kenny knew how she ended up in juvy because of what his father told him. “She was apprehended for hacking, it's one thing to obtain an exam from a laptop, but to leak classified information from a government base. That's a violation of privacy.” At first, he thought nothing of it since it became commonplace.

"You still have plenty of time to be a kid. Believe me, being a grown up it's not what it's cracked up to be." Mandy said it wholeheartedly, as she recalled the days when she was locked up at a juvenile center with an orange jumpsuit as and her iconic, forest green beanie. "I know you're misunderstood most of the time, but you still have a whole life ahead of you. Trust me, childhood won't last forever." She also remembered the day that she was put on parole for good behavior, despite that she got out of juvy and obtained a job, she had to keep wearing an electronic fetter until she completed her sentence. Mandy and Kenny stood up as she wrapped an arm around his neck. "Promise me that you won't hack another machine ever again."

"Fine, as long as you won't tell mom." He negotiated.

"That also includes to cease control of my archives and my bank account. I won't stop until you give them back to me or I won't let you off that easy." She reminded him as she lightly pulled him close.

"Deal!" Kenny agreed.