Chapter 7

Okay, quick plan of action.

The big piglin brute, as he will call it, is charging towards him from over 20 metres away at impressive speeds.

First things first, build something that will stop other creatures from getting in. If these things began to attack once the brute reached him, then he'd be in trouble, big trouble.

Quickly bringing out and frantically placing a border of fencing in a 5x5 area with a 2 block hole where the brute was charging through would be anough and, as it charged through, he instantly blocked it off with fencing and brought out the axe and sword.

The battle had begun.

The brute turned towards him, unleashing a horizontal slash which Harry expertly manoeuvred under, rolling to the side and barely deflecting another well timed strike with his sword.

The brute then used it's strength to push it's axe forward, stunning Harry slightly as it kicked him a few blocks away, allowing it time to break into a charge while Harry struggled to bring himself to his feet.

Harry ducked under another one of it's swings and as he swung the sword in his right hand, the brute blocked with the brace.

It then, hooked it's axe around his wrenching it out of Harry's hands and causing Harry to jump back.

The commotion had garnered the attention of the others and, strangely enough, none seemed to care as they began to actually wander off(A/n: Not their behaviour but it's something else).

Harry then brought forth a second sword from his inventory and, now wielding two swords, began an offensive, taking quick jabs toward the brute, who expertly dodged each one as it countered a slash from him and, with a brutal kick to the chest, Harry was sent flying into the fence, causing him to cry out in pain.

That hit alone had done nearly half to Harry's hearts and if that was just it's unarmed strike, he did not want to know what that axe would do.

The entire fight so far was essentially boiling up to Harry constantly being on the defensive as the brute continued it's relentless onslaught and showed no signs of stopping.

Every time Harry slashed left, it would block with the brace on it' arm, if he slashed right, it's use the handle of the axe to quickly block before backing away. Trying with an upward slash only lead to the brute leaning back and, as it leant back, it brought up it's leg and delivered a devastating kick that Harry barely dodged or blocked.

It had to have a weakness, and if Harry didn't find it soon, he'd be dead.

Rolling out of the way of an overhead swing, Harry could only guess what it would do next. Whenever he thought he'd found a pattern, thought he'd found a way to exploit it, it changed up it's strategy with something new.

If anything, he needed range.

'But I don't have anything like that!' Harry thought in frustration. 'If I had something like a bow I could-'

Oh, ooooohhhhh.

That could work!

Blazing back fire enveloped Harry as his skeleton form replaced him, bow drawn as he shot and arrow straight into it's chest.

It wasn't even fazed but it was the only damage he had actually done to the brute.

Also, the added time to think allowed him to figure out that the brute always charged in a straight line as he quickly pace around, getting distance between him and the brute and shooting and arrow.

How he hadn't figured this out earlier was actually quite simple, now that he thought about it. The brute was always in close quarters with him which meant that it didn't need to charge and the few times it did he was too panicked and it happened, so there were few opportunities to spot the pattern.

Another shot landed, yet it wasn't fazed as it charged once more, with Harry dodging once more to and swiftly shooting another arrow, this time into it's temple, yet still it was unfazed.

Harry wasn't sure how long it had been since the battle started, but at the point where he had transformed he had shot a literal dozen arrows into this thing and it still persisted in slicing him in two.

He was lucky he had kept his armour on because he took another hit, one uppercut straight to the jaw sending him launching backwards, but he quickly recovered and had shot more arrows.

Looking to the charging beast once more, he lined up a shot and, as the brute drew closer, he let loose the arrow and, with a dying squeal it turned to white particles and black embers, it's worn golden axe clattering to the ground

While he had killed the brute, he was pretty sure he had completely lost the battle.

As the black embers turned to fire and enveloped him, he sighed in relief.

He had enough of the Nether already, at least for today as he simply picked up the golden axe, broke down the fencing and hooped through the portal without ever seeing his new form

That was for when he got back to the overworld as he looked to a lonely pool of water to see his reflection in the light of the torch.

(take note of the bottom left, that'll be used later, just focus on the big image)

'Ugh, why do all of my forms look like girls?' Harry groaned.

A/n: I know what you're thinking(I think), why hasn't Harry in his piglin brute form turned into a zombified piglin? Don't worry, his humanised forms aren't affected by things like that because of his already present magic blocking something like that from happening, so there. Anyway, I hoped you liked that pure combat chapter.