Chapter 9

"O-okay, I think I get it now." Rin stuttered slightly.

'Phew.' Harry thought, sighing in relief. 'That took a while.'

It had taken around 10 minutes to give a brief overview of what these "kill-to-gain-form" powers were and for her to at least understand the basics.

It was hard to explain since he still didn't quite fully understand it himself.

He explained the blocky nature of everything and all that as well, taking about 50 minutes for her to get it(it took a lot of explaining and redoing explanations to do).

"D-do you think y-you can g-give me a tour?" Rin asked politely.

"Guess it wouldn't hurt." Harry responded, feeling his timer on the form run out. "Don't you wanna know what my true form is though?"

"O-oh, I'm sorry." She apologised, bowing her head. "I w-would like to."

Rin was expecting quite a few things when she imagined her host's form; tall, strong, and a whole bunch of other stuff, but she definitely wasn't expecting a small, frail boy who looked like a single sneeze would do him in.

She resisted the urge to hug him because he was just so cute!

Harry smiled and waved at her before a quick flash of black fire changed him into his skeleton form.

(Reminder)

"How'd you find my true form?" Harry asked. "Can't talk in that form because of reasons." 

Wait a minute, was that a slight bit of drool from her mouth? Why would she-Oh. Oh this'll be funny

"You wanna chew on my arm, don't you?" Harry asked suddenly with a smirk.

"N-no!" She quickly denied. "I-I would n-never-okay maybe a little. I don't know why though, I s-swear."

"Probably 'cause I got this form by killing a skeleton." Harry explained. "The bone's you see on my arm and around my body? Those are my actual bones."

She widened her eyes at that.

"H-how-"

"Best not to ask." Harry interjected. "I don't know myself. In any case, let's get going on this tour, shall we?"

Showing her down the stair case wasn't exactly as quick as he had hoped.

She wasn't so keen just dropping a metre like that like Harry was, so each step she sat and slid down, making the trip down last a bit longer than it should.

She was apologetic, but Harry didn't mind. It took him a while to get used to it too, so he knew what it was like.

"T-this looks amazing!" She gasped in awe as Harry showed her the ravine.

She didn't have to worry about creature spawning since Harry had made sure that, when he had explored, he covered everywhere with torches as he had figured out that they don't appear when light was around. It was a pretty neat trick if Harry said so himself.

The peace was shattered however with the ominous growling emanating from the unexplored part of the mineshaft, which Harry had his back to.

It was like a switch in his brain as he immediately shoved Rin out the way and barrelled to the left as a dark figure lunged towards his position.

Using his instinct, he didn't even take a second glance as he used his right leg to kick the entity into the air, with it whining as he drew back and arrow and let it loose, a red aura and white particles emitting of the creature as it died, as well as black embers-wait what?

He couldn't think more on it as the same black fire engulfed him as he felt a strange sensation enter his body as he changed.

'Don't think about it, gotta check on Rin.' Harry thought as his head turned right to a confused Rin on the stony floor.

"Are you okay Rin?" Harry asked, not questioning nor acknowledging the higher pitch of his voice.

"Y-eah I-I'm al-" She stopped when she took a look at him and her eyes widened in shock.

'Seems like she's not quite used to it yet.' Harry thought.

He wanted to say more, but Rin's arms suddenly latched around him as he was squeezed into a tight hug, Rin squealing with happiness in the process.

"Your so cute!" She gasped.

"O-okay Rin you can let go!" Harry whined.

She didn't seem to listen as she kept her grip around him and, sighing, Harry looked at his reflection in the calm falling, water ahead.

From the look of it, he was around 106cm(3ft 6in)tall and had little stubby bare feet and smooth, childlike legs. He wore a fluffy coat and along with that a large fluffy tail, much like Rin's, coming out from his tailbone. The ears on his hood. Yeah, they weren't exactly for show as underneath he could feel wolf-like ears slip perfectly in the  ear protrusions on the hood. Yeah, he had white hair with red/orange eyes and to top it all off, he was being hugged by Rin.

"P-please Rin, can you let go?" Harry whined again. "You can do it later, but we need to get back!"

Seems Rin relented at that, letting Harry go as He quickly stood up, same with Rin.

"S-sorry."

"It's okay Rin, let's just get back." Harry murmured, his cheeks flushed red.

At least Rin was being more confident around him.

It was a short trip back and, quickly peaking through the door, he noticed it was night.

Lucky he had killed around 8 spiders to make some wool that allowed him to make a bed using three wooden planks in a row with 3 wool on top.

It was a recent installation and, thanks to his diminished size, both could fit onto it(embarrassingly.)

"Sorry that there's only one bed." Harry apologised.

"N-no worries." Rin exclaimed. "We'll just sleep on it together!"

"Why do you sound so-" He was cut off when he was promptly plucked from the ground by Rin who plopped onto the bed, snuggling him close to her.

"R-Rin!" Harry squeaked. "I told you to stop!"

"You said I could do it later, and it is later!" Rin answered with a smile.

'Ugh, why do you have to- Oh my what is that?' Harry cut himself off. 'I-is Rin scratching my ears? Why does it feel so nice?'

Turns out the Rin was tucking Harry close to her body, with her head nuzzled against his and her hand gently scratching his ears.

'Ugh, why do I feel so tired all of a sudden?' Harry thought as he yawned, rubbing his eyes.

No matter how much he tried to stave off sleep, he could do nothing as it overcame him, with darkness encroaching his vision as he was swept to the land of dreams.