one.

( ONE; AUDITIONS )
WICKED.

      The glistening sun let its light flood over Lima, Ohio, in an attempt to hold on to its summer weather

      The glistening sun let its light flood over Lima, Ohio, in an attempt to hold on to its summer weather. The sun's warmth allowed William McKinley High School students to relocate to the courtyard for their lunchtime activities.

      Faye Hastings sat with her back pushed up against one of the large concrete stairs, a notebook in her lap, and her textbook opened beside her right leg. In contrast to the many students who occupied the courtyard with their friends, she sat alone, everyone else talking amongst themselves.

      The sound of conversations merging was quickly deafened as the sound of music flooded through the outside lunch area. Faye, and many other students, rolled their eyes and let out an annoyed huff as the infamous glee club began singing the song Empire State of Mind, much to the students' dismay. The agreement of ignoring the New Direction was unsaid, yet everyone in the school was in on it. So it was no surprise when the students avoided even looking at the singing group and instead went on with their day.

      The redhead couldn't help but chuckle as the song came to a close, and the New Directions paused to take in the applause that never came. Instead, the pitiful club was met with the conversation that was occurring before their performance began.

    Faye rolled her eyes as the bell rang, dismissing the students from lunch; if it hadn't been for the commotion the glee club had created, maybe she would have finished the homework she was attempting to complete during lunch. The teenage girl slammed her book shut, stomping her way down the large stairs and harshly pushing her way through the glee club that still stood as a group in confusion to the lack of reaction they received from the students. With a final glare in the glee club's direction, the girl walked through the double doors and into the school, where she blended into the sea of students.

↴