fourteen.

( FOURTEEN; ON MY WAY )
WICKED.

{ TRIGGER WARNING: suicidal topics including thoughts, attempts, and discussions. reed at your own risk and please don't feel the need to read this chapter if you are uncomfortable. }

     Sabrina Hastings couldn't remember the last time she hugged her child

     Sabrina Hastings couldn't remember the last time she hugged her child. At least, not in a random hug kind of way—the kind of hug full of affection, kindness, and love. The last hug she shared with Faye was when she cried about the Woodleys. It seemed that the only time she ever hugged her child was when she was emotional. And after the night she had just encountered—it was the only thing she wanted to do when she got home, and she didn't ever want to let go.

     Faye was asleep when her mother got home, but that didn't stop the older woman from waking her up. The teenagers stirred awake at her mom's touch and looked at the woman with a confused look, "Mom?"

     The sound of her daughter's voice pushed the wave of emotion she was trying to ignore to the surface. Sabrina sobbed as she clung onto her little girl—repeating over and over again that she loved her with every ounce of her heart. The rest of the night consisted of the older woman telling the horror story of a teenager attempting to take his life and how disappointed he was when he realized he didn't succeed.

     The heavy feeling of the news carried on into the next day and the God Squad had decided to come together to pray for the boy.

     The Hastings teen had been the first to arrive in the empty classroom where the meeting would take place. She sat alone and quietly, yet her mind was incredibly loud. And it had been since she heard the news. It clung to her and refused to let go—reminding her of its tragedy.

     Her mother had asked her if she wanted to stay home, but the redhead feared that the quiet home would only drive her insane. However, the school wasn't much better. The news had affected everyone and everyone seemed to be in their heads about the situation.

     Faye almost didn't realize when the God Squad had walked into the room, the only thing pulling her from her thoughts was Mercedes grabbing onto her hand and not letting go as she spoke, "We should start today's meeting by praying for Karofsky. That he finds peace and that he feels better."

     "I think we should start today's meeting by praying for his family. They could use comfort more than he could," Quinn argued with no push behind it. The statement made the redhead glance at the girl with a bit of disgust—the comment felt out of character and it made Faye completely unsettled.

     Sam, who was slumped in his seat with a frown on his face, shook his head, "I just don't understand how he could get to such a horrible, dark place."

     "It's all over Facebook. A couple of kids from Karofsky's new school saw him at Breadstix with Kurt on Valentine's Day. They posted mean stuff on his page and texted everyone that he was gay. He couldn't take it," The small amount of information was enough for Faye to know what had pushed him. She squeezed her eyes shut as familiarity in their stories intertwined.