Chapter Six

Noah sprints to the door as he hears tiny knuckles banging on the other side. He swings the door open hard to see his two heathens jumping up and down.

"Boys!" He kneels to their eye level.

"Dad!" They squeal in excitement.

"Hey, Noah," Wendy walks in putting bags down.

Noah stands and hugs her. "Hey! Wendy, thank you for this!"

"No, thank you! We needed the break for a proper weekend alone,"

"Well, anytime. I'm here! I'd like more time with them if possible?"

"We will get there, I promise! Let's make sure you are settled here, probation, and work all scheduled out. They will start soccer next month so I'll send you the schedule. We will make it work,"

"I'll make every game!"

"I know you will try. Let's not make promises, lets just work on it,"

Noah understands what she means and appreciates her for not adding the pressure of promises. He wants to do everything he says but reality may not allow it. Patience with the situation, it's what's best for the kids.

"So, kids, I'll see you in a few days ok. Be good! Noah, call if you need anything,"

Noah walks her to the door and she looks back at him. "I got it, call with anything,"

She closes the door behind her and Noah quickly turns with wide arms. "Ready to see your room?"

"We have a room here?" Logan asks.

"Of course! Come on," Noah walks Logan and Henry to their shared room. Bunk beds and few marvel comics on the walls for decoration. "It's not much or big, but it's something. We can add to it as you want,"

"It's awesome!" Logan laughs. "I get top bunk cause I'm the oldest!"

"Fine," Henry bounces on the bottom bunk. "I love it!"

"I'm so glad! Ok, who wants pizza?" Noah raises his hand as his kids follow screaming "me".

Noah puts a movie on while they wait on the pizza. They spend the evening just hanging out and watching movies. This is the time he is taking to get to know them again. He's lost so much time that they have grown out of what he thought they liked. Getting back to having this one on one time with them is more than he could've ever imagined.

The next few days he fills up his time by doing what Allie had suggested. He takes them to the museums and the parks. He takes lots of pictures and sends them to Wendy, who in return gives thanks to him for keeping her updated. He knows he has to build this trust with her again. Slow and steady.

When Wendy takes the kids back on Sunday evening, Noah, exhausted, heading into the kitchen to heat one of the frozen meals that Allie had cooked. He takes the opportunity to write her a note since she's working tonight.

"Museums were epic. Boys loved them! Thanks for the great idea, they also give a thumbs up!"

He quickly sneaks over and tapes it to her door. It's been innocent fun, leaving notes for someone. Seeing a handwritten note for you gives you a rush.

He heads back to his apartment and sits down to eat. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and his stomach is full. He quickly cleans up and heads to bed. He found that his boys eat a lot and then have endless amounts of energy. He falls into bed welcoming sleep.

The next morning he wakes up refreshed. Remembering the note, he rushes to his door to look out his peephole, like a creeper. He sees the note is gone and in a fit of excitement, he throws his door open to find a note left on his.