Chapter Twenty-Nine

Allie's legs were almost like jelly the whole day. She was able to pull off a surprise for Noah. She is horrible at lying or keeping big secrets. Every time he asked what was wrong it took every piece of her not to sell herself out. She has stressed herself out over this past month in wanting to give their family home and the wave of relief has left her body fatigued. With that relief comes the realization of pregnancy aches. She was ready to sit back and relax in their home that was completely done. They already had a good amount of stuff and the rest was gifted from family or she found at a second-hand store. No shame in that, Allie always knew how to save a buck when needed.

Noah has worked so hard over the past month and she almost, almost, felt bad. It wasn't that fair to have him work so hard if you think about it. In the end, it was all worth it seeing how much he loves the house.

They have a home... together.

Heading to the hospital, Noah has his hand resting on her baby bump. His thumb is circling over her shirt. Logan and Henry are going on and on about siblings and Noah is grinning like a madman in love. Allie can't help but feel like the luckiest girl on earth.

Arriving at the maternity wing they turn the corner and see the entire family there. Ben and Sadie rush over to see Henry and Logan. They don't even acknowledge Noah or Allie at this point. Gunnar walks out grinning like a fool.

"I am a dad again!" He can't help himself. "She is as beautiful as her mom! She's going to kill me!"

"Hudson and Everett are sorry they couldn't be here. They will coordinate a visit when Victoria is ready!"

"Sounds good! Follow me, family! She's in the nursery. Victoria is resting right now, She gave her hell to get here," Gunnar turns towards the nursery and walks inside.

The family follows and stands at the window taking in the sight of the tiny baby. Gunnar picks her up so tenderly from the bassinet and walks over to the window. He's right. She is beautiful.

Allie and Noah fade into the background, side by side. They let Logan and Henry move up to the front and Allie watches how Gunnar comes out and lets Sadie have the first hold. Henry and Logan are asking a million questions and Gunnar is answering each one of them. She's seen him with his kids and nieces and nephews but it's different seeing him with Henry and Logan. She loves the boys as if they were her own and her family has accepted them so quickly only reaffirms her love for them and Noah.

She leans into Noah's side a bit more. "You ok?"

"I am perfect. This will be us soon," He gestures to the family.

"Mmhmm,"

"I am so excited,"

"I'm glad!" She whispers as Noah wraps his arm around her side. He runs his hand up and down her arm. "So, G, What's the name?"

"Josephine Rose," He stands tall.

"Awe," Allie covers her heart.

"It's perfect!" Sadie sways the tiny baby in her arms.

"Ok, we are going to leave you guys to rest. Who has the kids?" Allie asks.

"Jessie rushed over to stay with them so we could come here," Sadie tells her. "We will leave soon to go join her. You go home sweet girl, you look exhausted,"

"Well thank you!" Allie says sarcastically but then admits defeat. "I am tired,"

Noah takes the cue to leave and rounds up his kids. "Henry and Logan, let's go,"

Ben and Sadie pass them some chocolate along with a hug before the kids walk back to them. Allie shakes her head at their actions. Allie and Noah take their hands and head back home. It's getting late so they grab some take-out instead of trying to cook tonight.