Chapter 35

Kleyton's POV

I was stunned is an understatement. Uncle Nathaniel is sitting inside the interrogation room, his hands were held by a handcuff. He's wearing an orange inmate dress.

"What do you want now assholes?" Uncle Nathaniel hissed.

One of the men sat in front of Uncle Nathaniel. I felt Niku's hand pressed mine; I looked at her in confusion.

"Why is he here?" I asked.

"He's working with the terrorists who were after your Dad's new invention"

"No"

"Yes, we've been interrogating him for a while now but he's so stubborn. So Dad suggested to bring you here and inform Nathaniel you're watching, who knows he might spill the beans now that you're here"

"I can't believe this" I murmured. "Oh my God" I realized something. "That night in the restaurant?" I looked at her intently.

She sighed. "That night was the night I captured him"

My mouth in O.

"His men were following us from school to the restaurant, that's why I began suspecting him. When you went to the bathroom, some of his men followed you but I stopped them and confronted Nathaniel why his men were following us. Things got handy; I fought all of them and brought them here. From that day on we kept interrogating him, we're pretty sure he's with the terrorists. What we want from him is the list of names he's been working with, especially their leader"

"That's why I felt like all of you were being weird back then" I realized.

"You know we won't gonna stop til' we get something from you right?" the man in front of Uncle Nathaniel verbalized.

Uncle Nathaniel remained silent.

"You got a visitor anyway" the man said again. "He's right in front of you, across that huge mirror over there, looking at you, probably wondering why his Uncle is being held as a prisoner"

Uncle Nathaniel frowned for a moment then clenched his teeth as realization hit him. "Kleyton?" he assured.

"Yes" the man answered.

"Him being here means my colleagues failed to abduct him" he sighed heavily. "But I don't think it's for long" he added.

"What do you mean?" the man asked.

"I know them so well. They won't stop til' they get the Cartsons" he smirked. "Kleyton" he looked at the mirror. "I wanna wish you and your family happy funeral" he laughed so hard like a mad man.

"Ask him why he wants us dead?" I said to Niku.

"You heard him Bonnie" Niku replied.

She must be wearing her earplug and mic again and she was talking to the man in front of Uncle Nathaniel as the man nodded towards us.

"Kleyton wants to know why you want his family dead" Bonnie said to Uncle Nathaniel.

Uncle Nathaniel sighed heavily. "Because of his egoistic, arrogant and selfish father. I offered him several business proposals but he rejected all of those, so I went to his son" he paused and looked at the mirror as if he can see me. "Remember all those business we talked about Kleyton? But what have you done? Just like your father you rejected all of them. Because of what? Because you and your father wanted everything just all for yourself, you selfish bastards"

"What? Unbelievable" I can't believe this. "His business proposals were so idealistic. It costs so much and the profits were too low. He got rejected not because me and my father don't want anything to do with him, it's because his ideas were so lame, unprofitable and useless"