italian devil

~chapter fourteen~

I wave over at Gilbert across the ballroom.

He smiles and walks over with a girl with straight black hair and a few facial piercings.

She smiles at me and Gilbert pulls me in for a hug and I say hello to the girl, "Cara" I outstretch my hand and she shakes it,

"Your Athena's friend right?" She says with a hint of a Brazilian accent and I nod, "yes, she's my dorm mate" I say.

"Juliana" she says and I smile, envious of her shiny hair and smooth skin covered slightly by her short black dress.

"Jeremy De Luca right? We met at the café down town a while back! I'm Gilbert, do you remember me?" Gilbert blurts on and Juliana looks at me.

We giggle at his flustered behaviour whilst Jeremy remains placid; yet flattered due to the very, very light pink hue on his cheeks.

Gilbert rambles on to Jeremy about the apprenticeship program he has signed up for and the two get on like a house on fire.

"I haven't seen you with Gilbert before, I've only met his other friend..."

I say but I have completely forgotten what Gilbert's friend at the campfire was called until Juliana nods understanding who I'm talking about.

"You mean Todd?" She adds on with a tint of amusement and I nod, "I think so" I smile looking around the busy hall.

"You're an art student huh?" She asks me taking a sip from her cup and I nod, "yeah Gilbert and I are in the same class" I tell her.

"Oh right, well, I'm not" she chuckles and then looks over at Jeremy, "now he definitely isn't, no offense but he kinda looks old enough to be a professor"

"Oh he's not a student, he's Jeremy De Luca" I say and she raises her eyes for me to continue, "CEO of De Luca corporations" I add.

"Oh of course" she says in an obvious tone and she smiles at Gilbert who blushes and smiles at us both before turning back to Jeremy.

"He's got a new date I think" I say and Juliana chuckles and a figure looms behind her, with a finger placed over his mouth.

"Boo!" He says and Juliana turns around at him quirking his eyebrow, "of course it's Todd" she chuckles and I laugh.

"You were suppose to jump dumbass" he says to Juliana who waves off her hand at him and looks over at me chuckling.

"Hi, Cara right?" Todd says and I guess he must remember me from the bonfire and I nod, "Yes" I say and he nods.

"Still as pretty as ever" he playfully winks and I roll my eyes just as Jeremy and Gilbert walk back over.

I feel Jeremy's large hand touch the small of my back, exposed through my dress and I shiver slightly as I look to him, he seems oblivious.

We then hear a microphone sound through the hall and everyone grows quiet and faces the stage where the DJ once was.

"Good evening everyone. Thank you all so much for attending tonight and supporting out Art college, as a member of faculty I can't thank you enough"