roses

~chapter thirty five~

I woke up with Rosa stood by my bedside, she was dipping a cloth in a jug of water and wiping my forehead.

I sit up and look at her in confusion and I touch my wet forehead, "what are you doing?" I ask her wrapping the linen sheets to my body.

"You were breaking out in a sweat when I came in here to give you breakfast" she says and my stomach rumbles as she says that.

Last night I never had any dinner, he never came back to my room- not like I wanted him to, but I at least wanted some dinner.

"Is he angry?" I ask her, he must be livid but frankly I hate him so much so I don't care.

"Si, Signore De Luca isn't happy with you I am afraid but if you have your breakfast, he says I can let you out" she says.

So I ate my breakfast, I felt like I was going insane in this bedroom and if I could avoid Jeremy, I would be happy.

After I had eaten, I went outside, much thanks to Rosa and her compliance of letting me leave my prison of a room.

I walk around the gardens in lonesome circles, secretly admiring the beautiful garden landscaping and the fountain in the centre of the path.

It was like from the southern coast of Greece, a Romeo and Juliet garden- inspired by Italian architecture and verdant plants.

I walk around the plants and I smell the sweet rose bushes as I walk by, curling my hand around the blood red flowers, smiling to myself.

"I see you like roses, flower"

I turn around, frozen in fear and my hand drops from the rose, it droops; just like my heart when I heard his voice.

"My gardeners look after them well" he says touching the rose I was holding just and he smiles like a creep to himself.

"Rosa told me you ate your breakfast, I assumed you would be hungry from your actions last night" he quirks an eyebrow.

He lets go of the flower and I finally look at him, shivering slightly as his icy, inhumane eyes meet mine.

"Are you mute Cara?" He demands this tine, stepping closer to me and my breath hitches in my mouth as he glares at me evilly.

He grips onto my forearm and I try to pull it out of his iron hold but my arm won't move and I now I will bruise like a peach later.

Every cell and fibre in my body hates him and his sordid touch.

"Speak!" He says shaking me like a doll and I rip my arm from him and run away, hoping I would find Rosa or someone to help.

"Running won't help flower" he chuckles behind me but I don't hear his footsteps so I assume he isn't behind me.

I stop to catch my breath and tears pool in my eyes, what had happened to me? I was now a timid, stuffed woman, ruined by a sociopathic male.

I run up the stone steps back into the villa and I run past Rosa, her kind words would soothe me but not help me at this moment.