rosa

~chapter thirty three~

I had never been this dirty before. I smelt awful, I could see cuts all over my skin and my mouth was as dry as sandpaper.

I knew straight away when I woke up in pain that I wasn't with Salvatore in his grand mansion, I am in a place that is dire and dank.

A short sob wracks through my body as I look around the room I am in, I am lying on a small bed in the corner, cold and partially naked.

I was only wearing a thin dress but luckily it is warm in this room so I wasn't sweating but I noticed goosebumps all over my skin.

I wrap my knees around my body, I had never felt so weak and helpless- my heart ached and I wanted nothing more to be in America, at home.

Sounds of an unfamiliar language greets my ears and I wonder if I am even still in Italy?

Tears resurface to my eyes, when I think of how crazy this is.

I hear an ostentatious, slightly sociopathic laugh outside the door as well as the rattle of keys and I shuffle from the door.

The bolted door opens and in steps a figure hidden by the shadows and I look up with curiosity, the hairs on my arms standing up with fear.

"Bella, mia bella cara" says a familiar voice and my heart jumps from my chest when I see Jeremy come out of the corner,

"Jeremy?" I say in shock and I shuffle away from him and he walks up to me, smiling and he touches my arm and kisses my cheek,

"Hello flower, when I heard you where in Italy I couldn't resist" he chuckles twirling a piece of my hair between his slender fingers.

"Why? I trusted you Jeremy, why did you do this?"

"Ah so you can speak" he says with a malign grin and he yanks on my hair and I yelp moving away from him, he chides.

I turn my head away from him and I foolishly brush away a tear from my eye, he catches my wrist and sees Salvatore's bracelet on it.

"Please" I beg, "It's expensive" I say in exasperation as he tugs the bracelet off my wrist and he inspects it standing up and moving from me,

He holds it up in the chink of sunlight that filters through the dark room and he chuckles seeing the engraving which turns his countenance sour.

"You don't wear mine? I thought you liked Cartier?" He asks me placing the bracelet into his pocket, and I reach out to grab it but he slaps my hand away.

"Not yet flower, you don't deserve it" he rebukes me.

"Please don't lose it or break it" I say with tears in my eyes and he doesn't say anything it than grin as he turns to look back at me.

"You're alone alone now Cara, I know he wants you back but now that you're here I won't let that happen" he nods.

"Jeremy you will regret this, you could lose your company, ruin your name and end up penniless!"

"You think anyone will find you here?" He says chuckling to himself looking at the bodyguard stood behind him who sniggers.

"You have to let me go!" I shout and he covers my mouth with his large hand and I sob, tears falling down my dirty, stained cheeks.