something

~chapter twenty three~

I felt Loren my pass me a drink as I started, the cold glass against my skin calmed me slightly as they all watched me with wide eyes.

"Jeremy De Luca" I say in one rushed breath and the girls give me raised eyebrows and I giggle and lean back, sipping whatever was in the glass.

"Who?" Shrieks Aaliyah and she falls into Grayson's lap and he holds her tightly against him, his eyes flickering over to me.

"Jeremy De Luca" I say over the loud raucous music that is practically shaking the room, Loren screams and Brittanys mouth drops open.

"You mean the billionaire CEO, Jeremy De Luca?" Loren splutters, her face the epitome of surprise and envy.

"He's only my friend" I blush tugging on my Tiffany necklace from Ted, it harboured me to normality as the alcohol ran through my veins.

"Still! I would sell all my Chanel purses to even breathe next to him" Aaliyah says falling into giggles, Grayson chuckles at her.

"Another man that is twice our age Cara" Lucas mumbles under his breath and Brittany smacks his arm, he looks at me sheepishly.

"He's just a friend, I'm not with him or anyone for that matter" I say and the song changes to another and I finish my drink.

"Who wants to dance?" Loren says cutting the silence and she pulls me up with her hands and Brittany helps up Aaliyah.

"I want to stay with Grayson" she slurs and Brittany rolls her eyes, "come on Aaliyah" she whines and I grab her hand,

"Come on Brittany, I think her nights over" I chuckle and she nods smiling at me and we drunkenly stumble over to the dance floor.

The red strobe lights flash around the room and I start dancing next to a crowd of sweaty zombies and vampires.

I felt like I was back in high school, the rush of adrenaline coursed through me as our alcohol consumption went up.

I started to dance with a bloody pirate at one point, his makeup looking too realistic but that was short lived as his 'realistic makeup' was in fact blood from a very real nosebleed.

"I'm just going to the toilet" I incoherently shout over the music, oh so attractive Cara and Loren nods at me, dancing with Brittany and two guys.

I stumble to the toilet, my makeup probably smudged and sweated off all over my face and I open the doors of the toilet with fatigue.

The rush of dopamine had now worn off and the alcohol made me feel tired as I leant on the sink, my vision blurry and blotchy.

I splash cold water onto my face and stare at my terrifying reflection that seems to grin back at me, I close my eyes and see a certain face,

Dark hair, stubble, black shirt and tanned.

They stand behind me and touch the back of my neck and I touch their hand but realise that there is no one there, I groan and close my eyes.

Blonde hair, shaven, white shirt and rosey cheeks

I lift my head up and open my eyes, the feeling of hands on my neck gone now, Salvatore and Jeremy's faces still locked in my mind.

I sigh and lean against the cool ceramic sink and calm down the thoughts crashing in my head, the music from outside pulsating through me.

I pull myself together and open the bathroom door, feeling myself being pushed from a group of cackling girls with costumes ten times braver than mine.