-best Christmas ever.

"Mama, is Santa gonna come today?" Sara asked as she slipped into her reindeer pajamas. "Mhm. He's gonna come late at night when you're fast asleep," Peggy promised, zipping up the girl's festive onesie. "and he's gonna bring presents for me and you, and papa too?" she questioned enthusiastically.

"of course! after you're asleep."  Peggy promised once again. "ready to sleep now?" "mhm." The girl's eyes grew heavy. "Goodnight mama." "night baby. sleep tight."  Peggy spoke, kissing her head softly.

::::

"Mama, papa! wake up!" Sara exclaimed, jumping on their bed. Peggy opened her eyes lazily. "Good Morning. Merry Christmas" she mumbled softly, "are you excited to see what Santa brought?" the five-year-old nodded rapidly. "Did he eat the cookies papa and I left for him?" She asked. "I don't know baby. Why don't you go check?

She nodded before bolting into the kitchen. Peggy looked to her side, where John slept peacefully. She carefully moved pieces of his hair out of his face. "Wake up," she muttered, taping his forehead lightly. His eyes fluttered open as he smiled lightly. "Merry Christmas, love." "Merry Christmas to you too," she uttered. "We have a very excited little girl in there who's ready for Christmas."

:::::

"And this one's from your papa." Sara took the wrapping paper off gently just as she had done the same thing with a few other people with all the gifts. She opened the tiny box to reveal a small, shiny ring. "Pretty," she mumbled, admiring the ring. "And it looks like mamas!" she gasped. "Really? Let me see."

Peggy smiled. Sara ran to her mother and held her hand next to hers. "See mama? Now we match," she crawled to the other side of the couch and hugged john. "Thank you, papa. I love it."

he kissed the top of her head before saying, "you're welcome princess. I love you." "love you too." Peggy's heart melted as she watched the scene unfold until she remembered something. "Oh! I almost forgot." she walked around to the back of the tree, grabbing a small rectangular box. "I hope you like it."

John opened the box, tearing up at what was inside. "Is this a joke? A-are you really-"
"Mhm. it's real I promise." she giggled softly, "Sara, guess what?"

"Hm?" she responded.
"This time next year, you'll have a little brother or sister!'' her eyes widened. "really?" she squealed.
"Best Christmas ever."

________
A/N- this is so cute- sorry for the wait :( I got busy all of a sudden. I have so much more Christmas stuff in my drafts. If you wanna see them let me know :) merry Christmas if you celebrate it. 
Also- what do you imagine Sara's voice like?