-quarantine proposal 

my spin of a request by _Peggy_C_Schuyler
thank you sm for this prompt!

"babe, do we need anything else from the store?" Peggy questioned, double-checking her list. Covid was in full swing, and Peggy and John had been under strict quarantine, only leaving the house when needed. John looked up from his computer, "umm, we have water right?"

"Two cases," she confirmed. John nodded. Peggy walked to the door grabbing her keys and mask. "be back soon."
"okay. love you." john waved. She smiled, telling him she loved him too and walking out the door.

••••••

"I don't know liza, " Peggy spoke into the phone as she Cruised the shelves. "he's been off lately. like he's hiding something" she mumbled grabbing two packs of Oreos. "maybe it's quarantine. it's been affecting everyone." Eliza responded. of course, she knew why he was acting strange. planning a proposal in the middle of a pandemic had to be tough.

"maybe," Peggy replied, grabbing two cans of disinfecting spray. "So, how's my nephew?"
Eliza sighed. "Good for the most part. He's been asking to go to the playground every day for the past week though, " Peggy giggled thinking the energetic three-year-old. "That must be driving Alex crazy." she thought. "I can't wait to smush Philip's face again"

Shortly after ending her call with her sister, she received another call. realizing it's from john, she quickly answered. "Hello?"
"Hey peg, I just wanted to remind you that we're  out of toilet paper." Peggy groaned internally. "I could have sworn I bought some last week,"  she muttered, pushing her basket forward to the aisle, where of course she found nothing. "Well, there isn't any in the hallway closet," he answered back. she sighed. "okay."

•••••••

Having Successfully distracted Peggy, John had less than three hours to put his plan into action. He sat candles all over the living room and Hallway. Then scattered white rose petals all over the house. (he had attempted to shape a heart but scrapped it when realized he only had 15 minutes left) 

John collapsed onto the couch. the candles were lit, the table was set, and the lights were dim. The only thing missing was Peggy.

John was having all sorts of last-minute thoughts. What if she says no? What if it's too soon?  What if I did all of this for nothing? What if- 

his thoughts were cut short when he heard the familiar sound of keys jingling at the door. He scurried to his place in the hallway.

"Hey, you'll never believe what I went through just to get one pack of toilet Tissue-" Peggy paused, stunned at the sensation before her.

he fished the small, velvet box out of his pocket. He cleared his throat, catching her attention.

"Margarita 'Peggy Schuyler, I've loved you since the day we met. you have the light in my life and my heart's purpose. I never wanna live without you. so will you please, please marry me?"

tears ran down Peggy's face as she mumbled

"yes"

user beautifuljeggy updating? what's the occasion 🤨

I missed writing sm. hopefully i can get back to it before summer time. till next time :)