-Nightcrawler

Superhero AU.

Peggy sighed as she marched away from the commotion in her living room. She needed a break. Who cares if it was her party? It was her twenty-first birthday and her cousin (slash best friend) Maria being the party animal she was, insisted on throwing her an outrageous birthday bash. The aroma of human sweat and roaring music was making her head hurt.

"Cousin Peggy!" Maria's drunken voice said over the music. Peggy raised her eyebrows as the girl stumbled into her arms. "How are you enjoying your party?" The birthday girl shrugged and helped the girl stand straight. "It's great, Mar. I was just gonna take a quick breather." Maria frowned. "Whyyy? You're not still upset about your sisters, are you?" the intoxicated one slurred. She had to admit, it did sting a little when neither of her sisters showed up. but they probably had better things to do.

"fuck them. Let's get super drunk and not think about it tomorrow." the brown-haired one snorted. "Looks like you got a head start." Maria ignored her comment. "I love this song!" she shouted as the opening beat to "hips don't lie" came on. Peggy cackled as she watched her best friend stumble into a crowd of people moving their arms clumsily.

Peggy continued her quest upstairs, making a mental note to make sure Maria didn't try and drive home tonight. The second she entered her room, she felt an unusual draft. Funny, she didn't remember leaving her window open. The girl dismissed it and went over to her nightstand. She ran her hands through her hair and took off her earrings.

A pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist. Making her blood run cold.

"Took you long enough."

Peggy let out a sigh and relaxed in the hold. She'd know that voice anywhere. "nightcrawler. you scared me." the man chuckled and twisted her around so that she was facing him. "Sorry love." the woman took him in. His usual dark suit with his logo printed in the middle, (it showcased his muscles too!)  his white domino mask covering his eyes, and his long hair placed neatly on his shoulders. Nightcrawler tilted her chin up slightly and pulled her into a kiss.

She sighed into the kiss wrapping her arms around his neck. He pulled away reluctantly and rested his head against hers. The party downstairs seemed far away as she murmured to him "I missed you." the vigilante hummed in response, pecking her forehead before pulling away completely. "I got you something." he handed a small box wrapped in a light green bow. Peggy blushed. "You didn't have to, baby. Just you being here would have been enough-"

"I know. Just open it." the woman let out a sigh, tugging at the ribbon and opening the box. It revealed a necklace with a small gray spider on it. A grin broke out on her face as she ran a finger over the pendent. It almost matched the green symbol on his chest. "It's beautiful, my love!" her eyes softened as she looked at him "thank you." he wrapped his arms around her again. "Happy birthday, princess."

Peggy didn't care if the party downstairs lasted all night. she would not be attending.

A/N- well aren't they cute?  haha. nightcrawler's character is heavily based on  nightwing. (DC's best hero argue with the wall) I hope you enjoyed this!! it's been hanging out in my drafts for a while. leave a comment and /or vote.  thank you for reading!!