Chapter 5

Tonight was the night, even without my charged necklace, I was determined to find the moonstone. It would be quick, and I wouldn't come back. Lately, I had a feeling that my pack was still out there, I could feel it in my bones. 

Trying to be as silent as possible, I crept out of the cave and into the night. Dread washed over me as I heard footsteps approaching. I dashed behind a large boulder and peered out to see who it was. Wyatt? Why was he walking alone in the dark. He was holding a necklace, a moonstone necklace. After he passed, I raced out into the night. I didn't know where to start, until I remembered what happened the morning prior. Culd the crack have something with the moonstone? 

When I arrived back in Seabrook, I headed straight for the fault in the street. Luckily, It was dark, because I couldn't bear to face Addison, not now. I shook off the thought of her and lowered myself into the deep crack. Turns out, the crack was more like a tunnel as you got further inside. I began to notice a faint purple glow coming from further down the tunnel. As I followed, my necklace began to glow. I reached a cave, and in it, was our moonstone! Rushing towards the stone, I barely noticed the other wolves who had gathered around the stone before me. As I reached to recharge my necklace, m hand hit another wlf. She glared down on me, her straight black hair shimmering in the purple glow. 

"What do you thing you're doing," She sneered. 

That voice was all too familiar, Wren? 

"Sis... Is that you?" I asked cautiously. 

"Wyllow! It really is you! I thought the storm had taken you away for good," She trailed off. 

I embraced her, the rest of my pack joining in. We broke out in a howl before I collapsed coughing. 

"Whoops, I forgot your stone wasn't charged yet," Wren exclaimed. 

She helped me over to the large crystal, and I placed my stone onto it, my eyes glowing. I had never been happier.