Chapter 2

I woke up to a strange scent, it smelled of fear, when I got up and looked around, I could see it in the wolves eyes. I stood up, trying to make eye contact with Willa. She finally saw me and said:

"Wyatt's gone, and I found this by the entryway," She hed up a piece of his coat, stained with something red. Blood.

I wave of fear washed over me. More than when the storm hit, more than when I was separated from my pack. Why? Then I realized it. I was in love with Wyatt. I needed to find him. I rushed out of the cave into the early morning. I wasn't sure how far I had gotten but the sun was high in the sky, and I was beginning to smell humans. Humans smelled sickly sweet, like a potent flower. Especially these humans, I read the sign, Welcome To Seabrook, the sign read. I'd heard of this place before, a long time ago, with my old pack. I was snapped out of my trance by Willa, howling. 

"I've been looking for you all morning!" She said, obviously irritated. 

"Sorry," I replied sheepishly. 

Willa shrugged and continued on, Wynter tagging behind her. Willa paused and sniffed the air, signaling for silence. I hadn't identified Wyatt's scent yet, but Willa had. In a few paces, I could smell it. It smelled a lot like Willa, but with a hint of blood. Blood, he was bleeding! Wynter began to tremble, and Willa put a protecting hand in front of her. We advanced towards a crumbling gray building. I heard his howl, and I broke into a run. 

When I entered the building, I saw him, trapped in some rubble. 

"The moonstone is near," He explained, "I came In here thinking I was going to find it, but I got trapped" 

I pulled Wyatt out from the rocks and asked about the blood on the ripped jacket. 

"Oh!" He exclaimed, "That wasn't my blood, it was from some steak I was eating." 

I giggled and my face turned red. Embarrasing, but hilarious. We walked back to find Willa slowly walking towards the ruins, and Wynter was niwhere to be found. I instantly knew she had run away in fright. I tried to stifle another laugh, but it didn't work out. 

"Don't ever do that again, brother," Willa repremanded. 

"But Willa, the moonstone is near!" Wyatt argued.

They continued to argue back and forth the whole walk home. The day was already fading and it was time for a full moon howl. We gathered outside of the den, howling at the full moon. At least the full moon can somewhat charge our crystals, but it wasn;t enough power to keep them that way. We needed to find that moonstone.