Chapter 1

I have always believed that there might be another pack out there for me. Maybe, somewhere out in the distance, my pack still roams. But after the storm, I'm not so sure they made it. And, even if they did survive the storm, it's not likely that their necklaces did, mine was almost out of power anyway. I saw a rabbit scurry across my path, so I tried to wolf out and catch it, but I watched my necklace glow green and I collapsed into a coughing fit. I was hungry, so very hungry, and at this rate, I would starve to death before my necklace lost power. I attempted to et up, but my chest hurt and my head pounded, so I lay there, hoping that help would cross my path and save me. 

When I woke up, I wasn't sure what time it was, the sky was either darkening or turning light again, so sunrise, or dusk. I heard approaching footsteps, so I tried to let out a weak howl. 

"Willa, I hear somebody!" A male wolf called from the distance as the steps got louder and closer. A pack of wolves walked up to me warily. A tall girl stood at the front of the pack, I assumed she was the alpha. She had olive skin with curly black hair and a white streak.

"Are you alright?" An obviously younger wolf with two buns done up in her hair, one was brown, and the other white. "I'm Wynter by the way." She chirped.  Their alpha shot her a disapproving look. "Bad wolf, bad wolf" Wynter whined to herself. 

"I'm Willa and this my brother Wyatt," she said gesturing to the boy on her left while helping me up. 

They all howled as the moon came up overhead. I tried but collapsed again. Wyatt lifted me up and carried me back to their den. I looked around in awe at the beautiful cave. Wyatt placed me down and I felt the eyes of the wolves all turn to me. 

"Meet the newest member of our pack-" Willa cut herself off when she realized she didn't know my name.

"Wyllow," I said weakly and began to cough. 

Willa and Wyatt gave each other knowing glances, and Wynter emerged with a box in her hand. 

"If you're gonna be in our pack, you'll need this!" She exclaimed. 

I opened the box and smiled with joy. It was a fully charged moonstone! 

"It's not permanent, just until we can recharge yours," Willa said simply. 

"Don't mind my sister, she just takes time to get used to new people," Wyatt explained to me. 

I undid my necklace and placed it in the box for safekeeping while pulling the new one over my head. I growled and my eyes glowed yellow. As I did, the wolves all broke out into a simultaneous howl. I joined in, happy to have found my pack. 

Sorry, I'm keeping these chapters short, I want to post every day, maybe even twice. They might get longer, but who knows.