Prologue

(a/n): I don't know what Bakugo's parent's quirks are, so I made some up, but it goes with the storyline. Also, I can't sleep Bakugo's father's name, so sorry if it is wrong.

Three years old:

"Mommy, mommy, mommy" yelled bakugo

"yes, baby," said Mitsuki

"I can't wait to see what my quirk is; What do you think it will be," he asked.

"Well, my quirk is eye color change, and your mother has laser eyes, so it most likely has something to do with that eyes," Masura adds while walking into the room.

"hey, dada," Bakugo says, surprised that his father is home early, seeing as he gets off work at six and it is only 12.

"hey, honey, why are you home early," asked his mother.

"yeah, I am sorry, but I got to talk to you alone," his father said while motioning to their bedroom.

Bakugo was very confused by this, so he followed his parents without them knowing towards the bedroom.

"I am so sorry honey, but I lost my job," Masura said

"but what are we going to do? We are already deep into debt, and Katsuki goes to a very high-paying school; we can't just take him out of it, and he needs food and a roof over his head," his mother cried out.

Bakugo was shooked he felt like it was his fault. If he didn't need that stuff, then his father losing his job would not have been as big of a deal.

Bakugo just hoped this wouldn't change anything much, but he realized his hopes were false as he grew up.

By the time he was four, his parents had given him barely any food and sold most of the furniture. His house was just walls and floors, but his house looked perfect to people outside of the family. They wanted people to think nothing was wrong, but if people saw what happened on the inside, they would be horrified.

Bakugo was getting two meals a week and slept on hardwood floors. His parents, just like Bakugo himself, blamed Bakugo for their money loss and thought they would be better off without their son. They did not abandon their son entirely because of their reputation and the public. Bakugo was skinny, and his parents mostly ignored him. The only time they acknowledged him was in public or when his mom gave him makeup to make him look more cared for and nurtured. It only got worse a few days after his fourth birthday. Bakugo got his quirk, but it wasn't anything his parents thought it would be his quirk was explosions. His parents were mortified; they believed his quirk was destructive and villainous. His parents started beating him and told him terrible things about himself. Bakugo being at such a young age and already caring too much guilt for that age, believed his parents. Even though he thought his parents were right, he was still angry.

His angry mostly came from jealousy at Izuku Midoriya. Bakugo started to bully Midoriya and calling him names(the same way he was teasing Midoriya in the Tv series). One word that bakugo always called Midoriya is Deku. Bakugo called him this because it stood for good for nothing. Deku believed that Bakugo just thought Deku was weak because he was quirkless, but in reality, Bakugo was jealous because he wished instead had no quirk than his parents beat him for having a villainous quirk. He was also jealous that Deku's parents loved him, and Bakugo's parents also loved Deku. Bakugo wished for the love Deku got and was Jealous that he did not receive it. His parents continued to worsen as his age grew, and when bakugo was in his last year of middle school, he told his parents he wanted to go to UA. UA was the top hero school, which meant it cost a lot of money. His parents laughed in his face and told him they would not accept a villain, and he was too weak to get into UA. he continued trying to convince his parents even though he knew that would only end badly. Bakugo was very surprised when his parents agreed, but they had conditions they said he could only go if he paid for it himself. Bakugo then worked for the entire 8th-grade year to get the money while working three times as harder in school to get a scholarship(I don't really know if UA had a scholarship, just assuming). Bakugo got even less sleep and food, making him even weaker, but he was still strong enough to get the UA tryouts' top score. When Bakugo got to UA, he stopped bullying Deku but was still mean to him he also kept up the same tuff guy act at school to make sure no-one asked him any questions or thought he was weak. On the inside, Bakugo was dying even more because he had to get stronger, but he was barely being taken care of, he also needed to pay the bills of UA, and because Bakugo lives in the dorms, he always needs to have his persona on. Bakugo barely sleeps at night because he is not used to sleeping much, and because he gets nightmares every time he shuts his eyes. How long will bakugo try to make people believe he is just a mean bully when he slowly breaks more?