Chapter 7

Their practice finally ends—almost two hours later.

You were beyond upset.

As the boys broke down the volleyball net and gathered the balls scattered around the gym, you stared daggers in the back of Atsumu's head.

You both locked eyes, yet, you continued to glare at him. This resulted in him turning a bright crimson color.

After the boys finished clearing the gym, you walked toward them as they were all gathered at the bottom of the bleachers.

You walk behind Atsumu and smack the back of his head. Hard.

Atsumu yelled at the sudden and unexpected contact and everyone around him couldn't help but laugh at him.

"y/n," Atsumu whines, "why did you do that?"

"You told me practice would be over an hour ago. Why are we still here? We should've been home by now."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you stay so long. I really thought we would've been done earlier," he says with a pout.

He was too cute for you to continue to chastise so you decided to give it up.

You sigh.

"You're lucky your practice isn't boring."

You look around at the teammates and saw Bokuto talking to Akaashi toward the end.

Your eyes light up and you run toward Bokuto.

"Bokuto!!" you yell as he turns and begins to smile.

He opens his arms for you to jump in and he screams your name in return.

"y/n!!!"

You jump into his arms and he spins you around.

You both laugh loudly as he puts you down on your feet.

"I've missed your chaotic energy so much," you say to your old friend.

"I've missed you too," he returns, "it's been like a year since we've seen each other."

"Yeah, you had to go ahead and leave us, you should've just told Akaashi and I you were tired of us," you say dramatically.

His eyes widen at what you say.

"What? I could never get tired of you guys. I missed you guys so much," he says getting sad.

You laugh and grab Bokuto's face with both of your hands.

"Boku, I'm just playing," you say with a small smile.

His face goes from a slight frown to a beaming smile at your revelation.

He simply squeezes you tight before letting you go and patting your head.

You scrunch your face as you always hated when he did that.

You weren't even short. You were 5'6/5'6.5 and some people had the audacity to call you tall. You weren't tall, and you weren't short. You were perfectly in the middle.

You turn around and see the other members of the team watching the interaction between you and Bokuto.

You stare at them and they stare back at you.

You felt comfortable considering the fact that you knew majority of the people here. The only people you hadn't known were the boy you were introduced to as Oikawa and the short blonde patch brunette.

Atsumu walks toward you with Oikawa and the other player behind him.

"y/n, since you know everyone else, we figured we might as well introduce these other two. You briefly met Oikawa, but here he is again. The other one is Nishinoya. He's the libero."