Chapter 3

Your alarm blares as the clock hits 11:30.

You set two because you didn't know if you'd fall back asleep.

One at 11:30 if I wanted to eat before I went, one at 12:00 if I valued my sleep over my food.

It's the hardest decision I make on a day-to-day basis. How could one simply choose between food or their sleep? That's like choosing one parent to survive.

I decide to value my food today as today felt important.

I stare at my ceiling for what felt like hours, which in reality was only a few minutes.

I get up and walk across my creaking floor once again and head into my mold-ridden bathroom.

I brush my teeth, wash my face, and do my hair.

For makeup: I settled on a little bit of mascara and lipgloss.

I wanted my first impression on the three guys to be a good one, so I decided to pick out a decent outfit. One not compromised of a hoodie.

That idea seemed more daunting than I expected considering majority of my wardrobe consisted of hoodies.

I decided to wear a red hoodie with a jean jacket on top of it, partnered with a pair of cargo pants and my red Jordan 1s.

I haven't seen myself get dressed up like this in a long time so I took the time to admire myself in the mirror.

I text Akaashi to let him know I'm ready and if we wanted to meet up for breakfast beforehand.

While I wait for a response, I roll two joints in preparation for the day. I decide I wouldn't smoke until after my non-interview so I could put my best foot forward.

I know the ad said they were 4/20 friendly, but I felt like it would be almost rude to show up high.

I hear a ding from my phone and look down to see Akaashi has responded.

Kei <3
Yeah, sure, give me ten minutes and I'll head out. Where are you tryna eat?

Me
Honestly, it doesn't matter. I wasn't thinking of anything fancy cause of our time frame. Maybe McDonalds?

Kei <3
Mcdonalds it is, lol. I'll see you there in about fifteen minutes.

Me
Okay, great.

After I finished rolling my joints, I placed them in my smell proof bag and in my pants pocket, along with my oil, gum, and lighter. I head out to meet up with Akaashi.

—————

Akaashi and I leave the McDonalds both with two McGriddles. I had a Caramel Frappe and Akaashi had an Iced Coffee.

"Are you nervous to meet them?" Akaashi asked as I took a bite of my sandwich.

"No, why would I be?" I respond.

"I don't know. You're not the most social, so just meeting the people you could potentially be living with may be overwhelming."

"I'll be fine," I look at Akaashi, "I'm a big girl now." I smile and look away.

A few years ago, I couldn't bare to be alone in public, but look at me, now able to do that and more alone.