Chapter 26

"We have to talk," you say.

Your heart was beating so fast, you were sure you could have a heart attack on the spot.

Suna looks at you wearily.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. No? I don't know. I just know it's important."

"You wanna take a walk?" Suna suggested.

You nod your head before grabbing your coat and shoes.

Suna put the food he bought for you and him in the fridge as you got ready and when you came out, you and Suna head out the door.

—————

You feel the brisk air hit your face as you and Suna round the corner of your apartment, walking the familiar path toward the park.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Suna said as you two settled in a silent walk.

You take a deep breath.

"We've been dating for a few weeks at this point," you start.

You didn't want to start it this way, but you started speaking before you could think too long.

If you thought too hard about it, you might lose the courage to say something.

Suna nodded his head.

"Have you noticed anything different about me?" you ask.

You were going to just spit it out, but you felt this approach would be easier.

Suna began to think.

It went silent for a few seconds before he spoke.

"You don't smoke as much anymore. I remember you used to smoke everyday, usually multiple times a day. Now, I can't remember the last time I saw you smoke," he said.

You nodded your head.

"Why do you think that is?"

He stopped walking and turned to you.

"I don't know. Did you quit? If you're upset that I smoke, I can quit with you. I really don't mind," Suna began to ramble.

For him to suggest quitting something he enjoyed doing just to keep me in his life was enough to make my eyes water again.

"No, it's nothing like that," you say.

You look away before wiping your tears.

He grabbed your chin, tilting your head toward him.

"Whatever you have to say, I promise I'll try to be as understanding and as supportive as I can be."

More tears began to fall from your eyes.

You remove yourself from his hold before quietly getting yourself together.

You returned your gaze to Suna before taking a deep breath.

"Remember how I used sex as an escape?"

He nodded his head.

"And then I replaced sex with weed?"

He nodded once again.

"I think I stopped smoking weed because I replaced weed with you."

I let out the breath I hadn't known I was holding in.

He remained calm, although you can see how his eyes slightly widened.

It went silent for a while before Suna spoke up.