Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Bathtub

'Who's the marshmallow?' Corbin asks smiling. I stare at Justin and see him look down awkwardly. I turn around and glare at Corbin. He smirks and continues to sip on his coffee. I sigh heavily and give Justin an apologetic look.

'Justin, meet my asshole of a roommate, Corbin.' I say and step out of the way so that he could enter. He nods his head at Corbin and stands stiffly on the side.

'Now, now Birdie...that's not what you said last night.' He gives me an evil grin, and all I want to do is smack it away. I flip him off and stick my tongue out.

'So mature.' he says with a roll of his eyes. I stare at him for a moment longer, taking in his chiseled features and his blue eyes that seem to glow with mischief. Corbin was beautiful in the early morning light. I hear the sound of someone clearing their throat, I turn around and face Justin. I forgot that he was here.

'Let me just grab my phone and then we'll head out.' I say and dash to my bedroom. I didn't want to go out with Justin and stupidly I told myself that we were going as friends. In my mind we were, but I don't think I could say the same of him.

We exited the theater talking about the movie we had just seen. 'That was terrible.' Justin groaned beside me.

I frowned and forced a smile on my face, 'I quite enjoyed it.'

He casts me a 'are you serious look' and goes on explaining why the movie was terrible.

'I don't think we watched the same movie.' I say with a roll of my eyes. The movie was sad and filled with so many emotions that it made me weep numerous times.

'Agree to disagree.' He says with an akward smile.

'Where to next, Annie?' He asks. I wince at the idiotic nickname. I hated when people called me that...seemingly only when they wanted something.

'Uh, home?' I say in a monotone voice.

Justin only rolls his eyes and pulls me out of the theater. 'Come onnnnn, Annie.' He whines like a child. The screeching sound of his voice hurts my ears.

'No Justin I want to go home.' I say and pull myself out of his hold. He crosses his arms over his chest and stares at me, frustrated.

'Why? So you can spend time with that...that delinquent?' He asks with a grumble.

'Excuse me. Corbin is anything but a delinquent.' I say angrily.

'What will your mother say? Your father? I can't even begin to understand why you would associate with someone like him.' He spits out. I feel my fists clench and my anger bubble to the surface.

'Leave it alone, Justin. It's none of your business.' I say seethingly.

'I will not stand by and watch him corrupt you.' He says and steps closer to me, I immediately take a step back.

'Corrupt me?' I say surprised by his audacity.

'Yes, Annie. You would be the talk of the town. No one would respect you anymore. And if your seen with someone like him, well you might as well write slut on your forehead!' He shouts. People that stands in the parking lot turn their gazes onto us.

'Fuck you, Justin.' I say and try to move past him.

He grabs my arm in a painful grip and pulls me towards him. I whimper in pain, but his grip only turns tighter. It will definitely bruise.

'Listen to me, Annie. Think about your father. Your mother. They'll have an aneurism when you show up at the door with someone like him.' He seethes.