Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Trigger warning

TW. Please, there is a RAPE SCENE. It isn't graphic in the sense where you read it but you do read Ana's feelings.

I dial his number again and put the phone to my ear. I'm not surprised when the call goes to voicemail, 'This is Corbin. Do not leave a message. I will not listen to it.' And then comes the beep. 

God, I've been out looking for him the whole night. When he didn't come home after he walked away I didn't find it strange, but it has been 3 days now and I can't take it anymore. My anxiety is through the roof and I'm running low on sleep because I've been up all night waiting for him to come home.

"Goddamit! Corbin!" I angrily swipe at my phone and shove it back into my coat's pocket. It's a few minutes past midnight and I have searched every fucking bar on and off-campus. I sigh and pull my coat tighter around my body. 

I decided to try one last time, and if he didn't answer I would stop. I would go home. The dial tone reaches my ear as I place the phone by my ear. However, I'm suddenly shoved forward so hard that my phone drops from my hands and lands with a hard crack on the floor.

I abruptly spin around to confront the asshole who shoved me, but I'm silenced with a gun in my face, "Oh, god." I whisper softly.

The man's face is dark, the hood of his jacket hiding it. "Get on your knees."

I'm frozen. I don't move, and before I can do anything I'm harshly pushed to the ground. One word escapes my lips, "Please." The word is shaky. Tears spring to my eyes and I try to blink them away.

"Be quiet, or this is going to hurt far more than it has to." He says through his teeth. A sob gets caught at the back of my throat and I start shaking my head, 'no'. This can't be happening. I begin crying, the tears roll down my cheeks and splash onto the cold concrete floor.

The sound of his zipper makes my head jerk upward, the gun shoves harshly into the side of my head. "No!" I yell and try to scurry backward. I only get a few inches before he grabs my ankle and pulls me back towards him. 

"Let me go!" I yell again hoping that somebody....anyone would hear me.

 His palm connects with my cheek, and my head is knocked to the side by the force of it, "Shut the fuck up, or I will blow your brains out." He says knocking the gun into my head. A strangled sound leaves my throat as I touch my fingers to my head. My chest starts constricting when I feel the stickiness of the blood.

TW.⚠️

He kicks me then. Hard in the ribs. I fall over and catch myself with my elbows. I hiss from the sharp pain. He kicks me again and this time the pressure of his foot stays there, making sure I stay down. I breathe harshly, waiting. I know what he wants. 

"P-please don't do this. Do you w-want money?-" I'm cut off by another sharp jab to my back. A  choked sob escapes me, "P-please don't do this to me." The weight of his foot is suddenly gone and I exhale a sigh of relief.

It's cut short when his hand yanks me up by my hair, his mouth is close to my ear. He takes a deep breath and from the corner of my eye, I can see a snarl that twitches at the corners of his mouth, "Stop talking, doll. I'm not here for your money. You've been walking along these streets with those short skirts of yours, showing off all those disgusting rolls you like to call curves."

His grip tightens in my hair and I cry out, " Look at it this way, fatty, I'm going to fuck that fat cunt of yours, and then-" The sudden glint of a knife catches my eye, trailing it down my tearstained cheek he resumes, "- I'm going to start cutting off all that chub and make you nice and skinny for me. Doesn't that sound nice, doll?"

 He pushes me down again and sobs release from my throat as he starts yanking down my jeans. "Stop!" I cry again, trying to move away from him. He pins my hands down with his and one of his knees pressed into my lower back, holding me still. 

"No!No!No!" I'm half screaming, half sobbing. The cold air assaults my legs and I sob harder when I feel his dirty hand touch the edge of my underwear. "Let me go! Let me go!" I squirm again. Wriggling left to right, trying to free me from him. My eyes are closed and my heart is rapidly pounding in my chest.

"Shaking that ass only makes me harder, doll." He says with a groan.

"Corbin! Please...please help me." The last few words trail off into a defeated whisper. I inhale deeply, I open my mouth to yell again. To call for help. Just one last time. 

"I said. Be fucking quiet!" He hits me over the head again, this time I don't know with what. But my eyes don't fight the darkness that suddenly fogs over. The last thing I feel is the sharp tip of the knife trailing down my bare leg.

"Message sent."