Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Wooden swings

'We fuck.' He says with a shrug of his shoulders.

'You what?!' I shouted at him. If this was true...Quin wasn't with Arthur during winter break she was with him. God, I never fucking win. Of course, the guy I couldn't stop thinking about fucked my best friend.

'I said we fucked. Do you know? Bang? Screw? The devil's tango?' he asks amused.

'I know what sex is.' I say angrily, 'What I don't understand is how are you banging Quinlan when she has a boyfriend! A boyfriend she has been with since high school! No wonder she was acting weird today. She cheated. She cheated. Oh my god, she cheated; I'm going to have to tell Arthur. He's going to be heartbroken. Why the HELL would you fuc-' I was cut off when his rough hand covered my mouth.

'Shut up.' He growls. I stare at him, the audacity of this man.

'I whill nhot shup uh,' I say from behind his big hand.

Gripping his hand I pulled it away from my face. 'I didn't know she was fucking someone else. God this is so fucked up.' He says rubbing his hands through his black hair. Groaning loudly he looked up at the sky. I admired the sharp contours of his jawline and the way his Adam's apple bobbed.

When I realized that I was staring I quickly looked away. 'Fuck, did this boyfriend not put out or something. By the look on your face, he fucks his hand too much.' He says with a smirk.

'Gosh, you're an asshole! You fucked someone who is in a relationship! Do you want me to spell it out for you Donnie Darko? You helped Quinlan cheat!' This day just couldn't get any worse. Quin ruined her relationship, she'll have to tell Arthur and if she doesn't I will.

'In my defense, Birdie, I didn't know she was screwing some other cocksucker.' He says with the raise of his hands in a mock of surrender.

'Don't call me that and don't call Arthur a cocksucker. When you're the cocksucker it seems.' I say raising one finger into the air.

'I don't take your insults kindly, Birdie. So do tread carefully. And how was I supposed to know she was with a twat- I mean with Arthur?' he growls lowly. I look away from his intense gaze and ponder his words.

'I suppose you're right, but it doesn't make this okay.' I say.

'I know.' He states calmly. To calmly for my liking.

'You know? I swear to god if you don't end this sick - whatever you call yourselves, I'll end you.'

'Wow, Birdie I must say your anger is such a turn on.' He smirks. My cheeks heat in embarrassment and I once again look at my feet.

'I'll end it with Quin.' He says after a minute of silence.

'Fine whatever. I want to say it's been a pleasure...' I say not giving him a chance to reply, knowing that I'll never see his handsome face again.

'It will be. See you soon Birdie!' he yells, I smile and keep walking. When I turn around he has disappeared. He'll always slip out of my grasp it seems.

'Why are you home this late? It's nearly 6 PM! You said you'd be home by 4!' my mother's voice scolded as soon as I closed the front door.

'I'm sorry, I got held up.' I say as I think about how eventful today was.

'Why didn't you ask Quinlan and Arthur to join us for dinner? The drove you home, I thought I taught you some manners.' She trailed off into the kitchen. I shook my head and went up to my room.