Chapter 17: "Good afternoon"

Oronero flapped its wings as it stood on y/n's shoulder.
Draco had tried to talk to her but she didn't notice that night, she seemed perplexed and as if she was spacing out. She said to the boys at some point that she herself was confused to not see Harry Potter and Ronald with Hermione Granger, which sat alone in the Gryffindor's table.
Y/N had stood up while everyone was consuming the welcoming dinner and had gone to her, maybe to ask the girl if she was alright.

"Malfoy what's wrong?" Asked Goyle "What happen why isn't y/n talking? Did something happen?"
Draco put down the fork and finished to chew, as he watched her Slytherin companion in the enemy's table.
"I don't know Goyle. But I think it has something to do with a situation that happened in Diagon Alley, in the bookshop.
I dunno if it's something that my father said or something that I did.".
Pansy was listening closely, and rolled her eyes as she got close to them "Why do you care so much Malfoy? It's not even important. Why do you even speak with that thing?"
Goyle, Crabbe and Malfoy turned, as they acknowledged her presence.
Draco raised an eyebrow, but immediately after he frowned "What do you mean?"
"She was located in the wrong house for sure. She isn't like us, and...has pity for those muggles. Her parents-" "The muggles of hers are her adoptive parents. It doesn't bother her blood, as far as I know the originals one were pureblood." He went back to fix his gaze on y/n "At least that's what my father told me..."

Y/N came back to the table, and Pansy snorted, and left.

"Hey Courage. What were you doing with that Granger?"
"Checking on her. Apparently Weasley and Potter lost the train."
"AH! Amusing." he said with a grin, as Crabbe and Goyle laughed.

- - - - -

You were seated on the sofa, your gaze on the window that showed the cold water of the lake above your house.
You didn't feel cold thanks to the fireplace next to you, and you were just sitting there, going through the pages of the book you were reading. It was almost time to go to bed.

You didn't notice Draco that came quickly towards you now that you were alone.
"Hey Malfoy. What can I help you with?"
"..."
Draco sat in front of you "You were listening to the conversation? In the bookshop." He said avoiding your eyes
"Yes."
"Everything?"
"From the moment you were on the stairs."
"...oh."
"You have to watch your manners Draco." You said closing the book, letting out a sigh "I don't know how your parents disciplined you but...you can't do that. ACTUALLY. I...I know who taught you how to behave." You looked away "It was your father isn't it. He was being so rude to the Weasley family, and out of nowhere. I don't know how it works in this world but in mine...no...nevermind."
He looked up at you, like he hoped for your forgiveness.
"You know I don't like it when you act like that." You said with a lower tone, showing some disappointment, but trying to contain it as much as you could. You didn't want to hurt his feelings. After all he was just a kid.

You felt lost. He was funny and polite to you all the time, but when Potter and his friends were around he always acted so smug and aggressive.

"I...I don't understand. Why are you so...so..."
You raised an eyebrow "So what?"

He waited, looking like he was searching for the right word.
"...kind."

You looked at him, surprised. Surprise then became shock, and shock became laughter.
Your laugh surprised him, as his body started to relax.

You smiled at him, sweetly.
"Why not?"

- - - - -

You snorted thinking about what just happen, as all students did exit the greenhouse.
"Holy shit hahaha!"
"Courage!!" Malfoy shouted.
You chuckled "Sorry sorry, haha just...the scene of you playing with that Mandrake root for only then to get bit by it...priceless. Simply priceless."
Draco scoffed "Yeah and you're simply an arse."
You laughed.
"Yeah. Yeah Malfoy. I am. But you still love me don't you?"
Draco looked directly at you, his pale skin now was a deep red, especially where his cheeks were.
You laughed even more "In a friendship way of course, don't worry Malfoy. I know I am not in the 'worth list'."

Draco looked down, without saying anything as you both walked down the corridor "My finger still hurts like hell." he said, trying to change the subject.

You were looking forward, distracted by the crowd.
Then two well known, tall, ginger boys, came out of a corner, and they immediately saw you and trotted towards you and Malfoy. They got behind you, a you smiled as rolled your eyes, knowing that they were probably there with good intentions, even if they were kind of a tease.
You heard Draco mumble something, but couldn't hear it clearly enough to understand him.

"Hello y/n!" Fred and George exlamined both, simultaneously, one in each of your ear.
"Hey guys! What do I have the pleasure to meet you in such lovely afternoon?" You said jokingly, your eyes still looking ahead into the hallway.
"Wow no need to be so formal Courage!" Fred said hitting you on the side of your torso "Yeah we are here to give you an offer!" Said George immediately after.
You looked at them both, and sighed, your smile never leaving your lips "I am listening."
"Well you told us last year that we were pretty good at Qwidditch...sooo we thought you would like some private lessons in the backyard. It will be fun!" "Ron told us you aren't doin' so good at flying lessons. And...we just wanted to thank you for what happen at the bookshop." "Yeah...it was really sweet of you. Thank you y/n." Fred said, proceeding to pat your head, in a sweet way, almost as if you were a puppy "We could do this in the weekends if you would like to." "So what do you say?"

You smiled at the idea, but as you were opening your mouth, Draco suddenly took your hand and slightly pulled you away from the twins.

"Sorry Weasley, but I already did make this proposition to her. Good afternoon."

After that he quickened the pace, not looking back, as you looked at his hair, almost amazed, and mostly flattered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L͎a͎s͎t͎ u͎p͎d͎a͎t͎e͎ 27/12/2020
n͎e͎x͎t͎ u͎p͎d͎a͎t͎e͎ 31/12/2020

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ★, sʜᴀʀᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴄɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏᴛɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀs!