Chapter 18: "Fly, Fail, Smile"

Draco maintained his promise and that weekend he told Crabbe and Goyle that they had to enjoy themselves because he had plans.
One plan was y/n, but the other plan the boy didn't want to share it.
"It will blow your mind." Had said Draco with a smug smile as he grabbed his broomstick, grabbed y/n hand and taking her towards the lawn of the Forbidden Forest.

"Why are we going there? We can go to the Training Grounds." The girl said as her crow flew up right above them.
"It's the weekend, the Training Grounds sure will be full of people, and if you ask me why this early, same answer."
The girl smiled as he gently dragged her towards the lawn, making her c/h hair bounce around.
Once they got there Draco let go of the girl's hand, seemed tense.
He breathed out to then took a deep breath, and turned, seemingly confident.

"Alright! Here we are." The boy said putting his broomstick next to a tree "You got your broomstick and that ridiculous helmet of yours, so we are ready to start."
"H-Hey! It's for precautions." Y/N exclaimed, making Draco chuckle.
Oronero had put itself on a branch of the same tree where Draco's broom was, looking down at the two of them.
Y/N chuckled too, and she extended her hand out
"Up!"
With that her broomstick raised itself quickly, landing into the palm of her hand.

Draco crossed his arms, looking at the girl in a supportive way "Get on and push. Easy."

Y/N did as she was told, and started to levitate.

"So what's the problem? The start was good." He said, getting closer to her, slightly under her just to have a look of the position of her feet.
Y/N looked nervously down "I just don't like...heights."
"Well I think in flying lessons you just have to deal with it."
"Wow thanks Malfoy, a really good example of motivation."

Draco closed his eyes and pulled out his hand in direction of his broom. Without even talking or giving commands, in a click the thing flew into his palm. Draco smiled, waiting for the girl's reaction.

"Wha...Wow. How did you do that?"
"I dunno. Just did one day and now I can do it whenever I want." Draco admired at y/n's amazement with a victorious grin "I know. I am amazing."

Y/N laughed at Draco's self confidence as the boy flew up with her.

- - - - -

"Ok don't move around too much- Hey stay still!"
"S-Sooorry!" Said y/n with a whimper
"Don't look down Courage, look in the direction you want to go. To move you just have to slightly tilt forward." The boy said as he levitated just next to her.

Maybe to encourage the girl, or maybe to reassure her, Draco put his hand on y/n's shoulder, making her lose balance, which was already unstable.
Y/N rotated on her own broom, making her c/h hair and cloak dangle facing down, as a short scream escaped her lips.

The broomstick dashed foward, her grip became loose, and due to gravity suddenly she let go of the broom, making her fall towards the ground.
Immediately Draco sprinted down to reach for her, but since they already were a little close to the ground he didn't have the time to think where to grab his friend, and his hand grabbed the first thing it found.
The hand found the girl's robe, and Draco pulled up with all his strength.
His own body went under hers because of it, making them both crash into the ground, one on top of eachother.

Draco groaned under y/n body weight, letting go of his broomstick in a way that could have been interpret as being hurt or being defeated, morally.

Y/N looked down and met the boy's grey eyes, which were half closed because of how his gaze was adjusting itself to see whatever was now the situation.
"Courage move I-I can't quite breathe." Draco said in a mumble, as he squinted his eyes in pain.

The girl immediately rolled to the side and got up, brushing off from her uniform the dirt.
Draco slowly pulled himself up so he was now sitting, groaning in the process.
"Well that hurt more than I expected." He said looking up at her, a little pissed.
"Thanks Draco, I almost had an heart attack." The girl said, her legs shaky.
The boy snorted, but then a smug smile appeared on his lips.
"It's ok I guess. It's not like I am not going to face worse than this." He said, putting his hand on his knee to then push himself up.
"What do you mean?" Y/N asked with a curious voice, her heart still bumping hard.

Draco didn't respond, instead he proceeded to do the same trick as before, his broomstick flying within a second into his hand.
"Come on Courage let's go. I think we have class with that attention seeker guy."
"You mean yourself?" Y/N said with a sarcastic tone, letting out a chuckle.
Draco rolled his eyes in fake annoyance, trying to contain a smile "You are lucky that I like you or you would be squished into the ground like a bug by now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L͎a͎s͎t͎ u͎p͎d͎a͎t͎e͎ 31/12/2020
n͎e͎x͎t͎ u͎p͎d͎a͎t͎e͎ 2/1/2021

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ★, sʜᴀʀᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴄɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏᴛɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀs!