Chapter 38: "Oscar Courage"

"No permission signed, no visiting the village." Said Mcgonagall as Potter approached her with the papers.

From the third year the students had the privilege to visit the nearby village called Hogsmeade.
No permission signed by parents or tutors and students weren't allowed to go, which meant that every student had begged and made sign the papers by their parents. Afterall most of them were wizard-kind families.

Mr. Filch was saying something to the large group of students as you stood next to the entrance, mostly on the inside than the outside of it. You weren't paying attention about the admonishments of the man, you were instead watching the Slytherin gang among all the other houses.
Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and another boy, which you didn't remember the name, stood there with the others, ready to leave the school grounds.

You stood completely still, but your eyes were searching for Draco...with no avail.

He was maybe hiding behind Goyle, and you could understand why if that was the case.
After the other day...everyone looked at you like you were a ticking bomb.
Students those tried to reassure you that they didn't judge you...you knew they were scared. Even Granger.

You weren't allowed to sit in your house's table and were ordered by Dumbledore himself to sit...between professor Snape and professor Lupin.

Fortunately you had just fainted during that lesson and didn't transfom, but-

"I am sorry Potter, that's my final word." You heard professor Mcgonagall say as she put her hand on the boy's shoulder before leaving.

In your throat an instinctive growl of nuisance made your vocal cords vibrate as you saw Pansy looking at you with a stupid grin of satisfaction, before she turned and started to leave with everyone else.
She got immediately next to a boy's side, his hair white blond. Dra-

...Malfoy.

He really was avoiding you.
He didn't even look back.

And you couldn't even follow.

Oronero let out a gentle caw, clacked his beak and proceeded to rub it on your cheek, almost if he was comforting you.
You hadn't even notice that you were clenching your fists.
You took a deep breath and slowly exhaled.

Granger and Weasley looked back at Harry and waved at him one last time before resuming their walk towards the other students.

You saw Harry slightly move in frustration as he watched his friends leave, to then stand still, looking forward, sorrowful.

"It sucks." You said, smiling sadly.
"Yeah." Responded Potter dryly, as the giant pendulum swayed behind both of you.

- - - - -

Potter was approached by professor Lupin, who smiled warmly at you before walking away with the boy.
You didn't mind, your mind in fact was filled with questions and with...unreasonable fear.

You recalled professor Snape's words:
"Hagrid knows about your parents. Maybe you should ask him when you have the chance, only then, you will come back to me and ask more questions. Did I make myself clear?"

Clear as the sky.

You were already walking down the path towards Hagrid's hut, Oronero still on your shoulder.

You checked quickly yourself as you got close to the front: baggy hoodie, grey loose jeans, afterall this was a weekend, uniforms were not a must and...you were pretty worried about the chance of ripping apart another uniform.

State of mind: aware of the situation that was going to unfold soon, because while you had made your way to the key-keeper's home you had articulated each question precisely.