Chapter 41: "Homework in a smiley day"

Yes, yes...it was Quidditch day that weekend afternoon, but the homework that Professor Snape had left the previous day for all of you at the lesson of Defense Against the Dark Arts was...elaborate, not easy the least, and there was going to be needed a lot of care and research in the library.
Fortunately you still had the book that you took a while ago from the library, 'ℳ𝒶𝓰𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁 𝒸𝓇ℯ𝒶𝓉𝓊𝓇ℯ𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂ℴ𝓇ℯ', plus the volume of that year's DADA, and it wasn't a light one.

Also it was not raining, it was POURING that day, with lightnings and thunders echoing in the sky, wind blowing and owling outside the windows, making the glass slightly shake.
You wondered how it was possible for the teams to play already such a dangerous sport in such an awful weather.
That was one more reason to stay inside and ditch Quidditch.

More time to complete that stupid essay of not one, but TWO parchment scrolls on Werewolves.
Maybe after that you could have enjoyed the silence of the practically empty halls, take a shower, or-

There was gentle knock on the heavy wooden door of your private room.

You sat still, looking at it from the table, feeling alarmed by the unexpected noise.
You first thought that maybe it was a simple thunder that made you confused since you were so focused on reading, but when you heard another knocking you knew it wasn't your imagination.

You swore you picked up a familiar scent from behind the door, that made you instinctively stand up from your seat.
Lilies and...snow.

Draco.

"Y/N...? You-" You heard him call out hesitantly, almost sounding...unsure "...are you there?"

What was he doing on the third floor?
Why wasn't he watching the game!?
What was he doing...here?!

Your heart started pounding in your chest as you were now in front of the door.

"Yes I am."
"Can I come in?" Draco sounded nervous. Before you could think of an answer he added "It's freezing cold so you better open."
You rolled your eyes, but even if he wouldn't added the last part (which sounded exactly like something Draco would say based on his personality and especially his tone of demand) you opened immediately the door, instinctively.

Draco was standing there, hair wet, cloak practically covering and wrapped around his entire body, the cloth of it soaked, which meant that maybe his uniform wasn't that dry under that cape.
He was holding something under there, keeping it close to his chest, but you couldn't see what that was.
Your eyes filled up with confusion as he stood there in front of you, waiting for your permission to enter your bedroom, but he didn't have to wait because you had already took him by his shoulder, startling him a bit, bringing him inside.

You closed the door behind.

"Draco what happened? Why are you soaked like this?" You asked as you rushed to your wardrobe, grabbing towels and a blanket.
"Well it isn't sunny outside Courage, or you did not notice?" He replied with a sarcasm, sounding obviously annoyed by your stupid question as he stood there shivering.
There was something in his voice...his words, his tone, sounded annoyed but also-

You laughed slightly at the obvious response since it was pouring outside with thunders and lightnings, which made only Draco blush, a slight pout on his face.
You got in front of him and mindlessly untied the knot of his cloak.
You simply didn't think about it, it was...subconscious, with no intention of malice.

"Courage w-what are you-??" Draco stuttered, freezing in place.
At the realisation of what your hands were doing, your fingers so close to his collar, your cheeks burned up and you cleared your throat, finding a logical excuse at the last moment.
Why did your body moved on its own for a second?
"I am just trying to help," You said gently with a fake calm and 'professional' smile meanwhile you took off his cloak, sliding it off from his shoulders.
Indeed his uniform was mostly wet too, especially the top.
In his arms he was hugging tight to his chest some books "and I am pretty sure you didn't brought with you a spare change."