Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I glared at him, and gave him the dirtiest look I could ever give. "You killed my parents." I glared even harder. He walked closer to me. "Now Scarlet, I told you there would be consequences." I was backing up. "You told me that you've never murdered anyone before." He rolled his eyes. "That was before..." He looked over at my parents, "Mommy and daddy." I almost screamed and cursed at him, but what's the use. He could kill me like he killed mum and dad. He killed them, not for no reason, but to make a point to ME. And because of ME, they were gone. "I'm going to ask this one more time... Who are you, and what do you want?" He shook his head. "And what are you going to do if I DONT tell you? Go crying to your mommy? Oh never mind, you don't have one anymore. And if you did, she would tell you it's your imagination." I didn't want to hear this anymore, but he went on. "If you don't help me," he looked over again at my parents. He didn't even have to finish his sentence. I backed up a few more steps, and hit the wall. "What do you want?" My voice was shaky. He looked up at the ceiling like he was losing patience. He walked up to me and I grabbed my arm. His fist was clenched around my arm so tight, that I felt my blood circulation being cut. "Ow!" I screamed. He threw me down so hard that I fell on my butt. He wasn't smiling anymore. His face was completely grim. I was on the verge of crying when I looked at my parents' dead expressions, and their silence hurt my ears. I've never heard the house this quiet before, not even when I was home alone. The only thing I could her was my own breathing. "Get up." He said. I looked at him for a second. "I said GET UP!" He yelled. I jumped up, shakily. "Get your car keys." he demanded. I was beginning to protest, but I stopped when he pointed at my dead parents. "I'm surprised that you'd even dare to protest." He started pacing. I glared at him. "After all... It's not my fault that your parents are dead." I glared at him even harder, pissed off, and stormed out of the room. I heard him walk out into the hallway and say under his breath, "Mother f*cker." Something in my mind snapped right then, and I ran. The stalker was running after me, and I felt him almost grab my arm. I ran into my room and tried closing the door, but he was holding the door open. I pushed as hard as I could. 'How stupid!' I thought, 'to go into a room! Now he has me cornered!' I started kicking the door. There were scuff marks from my shoes all over it. I kicked one last time, and the door clicked closed. "Ha!" I said it in a weary voice, because he was still moving the doorknob up and down. When I tried the lock, it wouldn't work. I tried again. 'No! Not now, please not now!' I thought. I struggled to keep the door closed while I was keeping the door knob from turning. He was just too strong. My hand went numb, and the door knob turned. He was yelling and cussing through the door. Things started sliding in and out of focus. He kicked the door once, BANG! Everything was blurry... Then normal... Then blurry. He kicked the door again, BANG! My whole body was numbing, and I felt like I was going to pass out. 'I can't pass out. I can't pass out. I can't pass out.' He kicked the door again, BANG! The whole door vibrated, and this time I fell backwards and collapsed. Things were even fuzzier, and I was getting really tired. He ran into my room, and grabbed my right arm. He had no gloves on this time... Just his bare hands. "You should know better, you little b*tch." I wasn't sad... Or angry... Or sorry... Or disappointed... I felt no emotion because I was too tired. I was tired of running. I was tired of hiding. I was tired of getting angry. I was just done. I was going to be caught sooner or later. I just knew it. He dragged me to the room where my dead parents were, while I was kicking my legs. He grabbed his switchblade out of his jacket pocket. "It's time to teach you a lesson." I started kicking even harder, even though it was no use. I screamed at the top of my lungs, "STOP!" It was the loudest I've ever screamed. It was so loud that my throat hurt. There was a dead silence in the house, and the look on the stalker's face scared me. My voice was hoarse, but he could still tell what I had said. "I'll help you."