Chapter 15

Chapter 15

|| Weston's POV ||

I saw her sad eyes look up at the house surrounded with Police cars.

"That's my house." She said with wide eyes.

Yeah, cuz I totally haven't been watching this house for years.
^Note my sarcasm^

I decided not to answer because it sounded like she was talking more to herself than me. I speeded the car a little when we passed the house just in case the cops suspected something, or recognized the car. Scarlett just stared at the house while we passed it. I often wonder what she's thinking in that pretty little head of hers. Sometimes she spaces out at random times. It's like she has so many emotions trapped inside of her, but she keeps them hidden away.
Scarlet suddenly turned around and saw me staring at her.

"What are you looking at." She snapped. I just turned my head back to my prior position, looking at the road ahead of me.
She was mad. She remembered how I killed her parents. She had every eight to be mad at me... because she didn't know why. I was left no choice. She had to come with me or else right now she would be in worse danger.

I felt her glaring at me. "I'm sorry." I managed to say. Her chocolate eyes softened, but she was still upset. She leaned her head against the window again. I heard her mutter, "It was all my fault."

A sudden guilt spread across my body. It wasn't her fault. She tried so hard. She tried telling her mom, she tried to push me away. And now she's saying it was her fault? I couldn't take it.

"I..." I didn't know where to start or when to end, what to tell her, and what not.
Scarlet lifted her head off the window and looked at me with her chocolate eyes. She cocked her head to the side, confused.

I wonder if she knows how cute she looks when she does that.

"I need to tell you something!" I blurted out. She looked surprised at my sudden outburst. I was left speechless, yet again.
"What is it?" Her voice was filled with concern.
I wanted to tell her something that I knew would make her finally understand... Something that nobody else knows.
I was interrupted in my thoughts by Scarlet waving her hand in front of my face.
"Earth to Weston."

I kept my eyes on the road, pretending not to hear her. "We're almost home." I said, changing the subject. When there was a sudden silence from her, I looked on my right side where she was sitting. She had her eyebrows furrowed together, and she was opening and closing her mouth like she was gonna say something. I waited to hear what she was going to say, but she said nothing. She remained silent.
What did I do wrong?

|| Scarlett's POV ||

"We're almost home." He had said. Those words echoed in my head.
We're almost home.
Almost home.
Home.
He called the house I was staying at, home. So this was it. This was where I was staying... The house where I was chained. The house where I had passed out. The house where I had my head slammed into the wall... Home?

I was trying to talk, but no sound came out. I was just... What's the word... Stunned? I sighed and looked out the window for the millionth time. We turned the corned of Weston's neighborhood. The house came up quick, and Weston turned into the driveway, and parked. When I stepped out, I looked up to the house.
"Ha!" I snarled, "Like this will ever be my... Home."

I didn't realize what I had just said until I turned around. Weston was just leaning against the car looking at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes. He reached into the seat I was sitting in and grabbed the gun.

"Actually, this isn't your home." He paused. "It's our home."
He threw the gun to me saying,
"And this isn't our gun." He paused again. "It's your gun."

With that, he closed the car door with the back of his leg, and walked right off, into the house. Or should I say... 'Our home.'

I jogged across the front lawn to the front door. The heat of the sunlight was intense, so by the time I got to the front door, I was panting. I leaned against the doorframe, trying to catch my breath. Weston was just standing there, smirking.

"I never noticed." He said

Why does he always have to be so confusing?!

"You never noticed what?" I said, my breathing calmed down.

"Try and guess." Weston sat himself down on the couch.
He was confusing, but... I kinda liked it.

"Um... That your doors look like they went through a tornado?" I smirked.
He made a sarcastic gasp. "How dare you insult my doors!"
I laughed. "Um... I don't know!"

"Keep guessing."

Oh, I got it!

"Oh! My clothes." I looked at my shirt, then back at him. He had a mischievous, amused look on his face.

"Nope." He stood up.

"That's it. I give up." I looked up at him in front of me, because he was taller than me. He mischievously looked me up and down. "I just noticed that you're really hot."
I started sweating, and I could feel my face blushing. Nobody's ever called me that before.

"Wh-what?" I stuttered.

"You're beautiful." He looked me square in the eye this time when he said it.

I tried to keep myself from blushing, but I couldn't help it. I didn't know what to say.
"
Thank you?" It sounded more like a question than anything else.
I looked down and smiled to myself, forgetting everything that ever happened.

Suddenly, Weston reached over and tucked the stranded hair that was covering my eyes, behind my ear. I looked into his speckled eyes, and saw that unknown emotion in them. We were just a few inches away from each other.
Suddenly Weston broke the silence.

"I'll go make some food. I'm sure you're hungry."

Weston walked away, with me leaning against the door. My heart was racing, and so many thoughts were going through my head. It was only then when I noticed that the door was still open. I closed the door, causing some peeling paint to fall into my hair. When I tried to take the dry paint out of my hair, I realized that I didn't take a shower for a while.

I walked slowly into the bathroom, and locked the door when I got in. I leaned against the bathroom door and put my face in my hands.

Why.. How... Did I end up falling in love with Weston?

|| AUTHOR'S NOTE ||
Hey guys!
This is actually my first author's note lol.
I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the reads and votes, I really appreciate it!
So, I'm trying something new... I'm going to start doing POV. I'm also going to update my story every weekend (or sooner.)
I hope you enjoy my book, 'The Stalker.'
Biiii :)
-Ellynn377