Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Are you insane?!" I was startled at his response. "Yes," he said with a grin. I looked at the ceiling. "What?!" I whispered to myself. "Listen up now. If you don't help me, you will suffer consequences." I stood up angrily. "Help you with WHAT?! What is so important to you that you need help with?" He sighed. "It's nothing." He looked down. I felt my anger rising again. "I can't help you if you never tell me what the hell you want me to do?!" I was freaking out, and I felt bad for the outburst, but it was true. "Listen... If you don't make a deal, you might tell everyone." I was thinking. Should I make the deal? I started arguing... With myself. No... Yes... Absolutely. I was about to say something when my conscience stopped me. Now I was the one being insane. Of course I can't make a deal with this person... He could be a serial killer for all I know. "You know what? Pass." I felt bad, but it was the right thing. I was making a big deal out of nothing, anyway. I didn't look at him. I stood up, walked to the half broken door and walked out to the driveway. When I looked to my right I saw where the guy had thrust me into the wall. There were blood stains on the wall. I went to my car, and realized I needed a key. "Oh Lord, NO!" I did NOT want to go back and ask for a key. But of course, I had to or my parents would KILL ME... Wait... My parents! They must have been freaking out of where I had been all night! I raced into the house. "Um... I need the key to my car." I felt so awkward going back in there. The guy went into a room without looking at me. He came back out with the key, and dropped it on the floor, still not looking at me. "There." That was the last word I heard from him before I grabbed the key and ran to my car and drove away.
When I looked at my car clock it said 7:34. It was actually early in the morning, so maybe my parents were still sleeping. It was a small neighborhood so I didn't have a hard time getting out of there. I went up the driveway and used my door key to open the door. I sneaked up the stairs and went to open the door. Then I heard a voice behind me. "Scarlet! Where were you?!" My mother was behind me. "I-I..." I was speechless. I couldn't tell her about him! "Scarlet, your door was locked all night and I was getting worried of what was happening in there!" I turned around. Mum's face was red with anger."Where were you?!" I looked at the floor. I knew what she was thinking. I had no good excuses for what I was doing. "Your father and me are going to discuss your punishment." She stormed off. I went to the couch next to their room to eavesdrop on their conversation. "I just can't beleive it, honey!" Dad sighed. "Do you think she got drunk?" My dad was calm... At least calmer than mum. "Maybe! And... Who knows... She was there for the whole night! Who knows what she was doing there... Or even IF she was there the whole night." They thought I was at a bar and that I was drunk. That's just great. "True. We should take away her car for a month so she can't drive places and she'll learn her lesson." Mum agreed. "Done." I was sulking about my car until I remembered that my room window was shattered. I opened the front door softly and I ran outside. There it was. My shattered window. I had a two story house, but a tree that was there next to it. I had to get to my window. I stayed on one branch the whole time and I reached my window. The glass was cutting me again but I didn't care. I had to clean the glass. When I fell on my bed I thought it would be one of those moments where I just sit there for a few minutes and think, but there was glass all over it too. It hurt so bad. There was blood dripping down my arm. I moved the glass with my foot to my dirty clothes and I put my dirty clothes on top of the glass. I took my bed sheet that had the glass on it, and laid it on too of the dirty clothes. I saw that there was a curtain on my window, but when I went to my window to close it, I saw something... The stalker was staring at me from down in the front yard.