Chapter 10

Chapter 10

He released my arm, and I sat still breathing heavily. Hot tears were at the brim of my eyes and they streamed down my face. With a cracked voice I repeated, "I'll... Help you." My whole body was numb from being dragged, and I still felt like I was going to faint. I saw that the stalker's face softened, but I saw right through his eyes. He had something in his walnut, brown, eyes. It wasn't hatred, or evil. Was it sadness? Or was it just my imagination? I didn't know, but I didn't feel like figuring it out. I didn't want to, either. The stalker broke the silence by saying, "Get up." He demanded in a calm voice. I used my left arm to help myself get up. My feet had this weird tingling feeling, and my knees ached. My right arm was numb. 'Thank God for my left arm.' I thought to myself. He put his switchblade in his pocket. "Get your keys." He walked closer to me, and I didn't look at him. I just nodded and walked past him to my room, to get my keys. The keys were on my bed. When I bent over to grab them, my curtains were waving. I opened them, and I felt the blowing of the cool wind on my cheeks. The window was still crashed, as I left it before. I took a deep breath in, and closed my eyes. "I gave in, and gave up. Yep... I'm ready to face my worst." I took one last deep breath, and I opened my eyes. I closed my curtains. When I turned around, there was the stalker, leaning agains my door frame. His eyes were full of yes... That was it... Sorrow. He felt sorry... For me? He whispered, "Come on, let's go." He turned around and trotted down the stairs. I was still standing there, in deep thought. Finally, I walked down the stairs and to the front door. The stalker opened it for me. He took the keys from my hands and, BEEP BEEP BEEP, he unlocked my car door. I was standing in the door frame of the front door, and looked at the house... So vacant... So quiet. I just remembered that my parents that were dead were laying upstairs. I wanted to bury them, and buy those pretty headstones that had a famous religious quotes on it. It wouldn't say R.I.P either... Cuz that would just be plain creepy. Those three letters together had always scared me for some odd reason. I guessed that everyone had a weird fear. Like my best friend in grade school was afraid of... What was it? I had forgotten, but it was something weird.
The honk of the car horn startled me. I shut the front door, and headed out to the car. 'Ugh, he's driving again.' I thought as I slipped onto the car seat. The stalker sped out of the driveway.
15 minutes later, we approached the driveway with the stones sticking in every direction. I remembered this driveway... I've seen it before. When I looked to my left and saw the blood stain on the wall, I remembered. This was the stalker's house. I felt shivers, because it's just creepy to think... This is where he slept, ate, showered, and lived, all the years he was stalking me. Visions of being here before scared me. I remembered that just the previous night, I had been slammed I to the wall, and called babe. That was just perverted. Just when I thought we were going to pull in, we passed the house. Surprised at myself, I asked, "What? Where are we going?" The stalker didn't turn around to look at me. "Shh," was all he said. All of a sudden panicked, I said, "Tell me where we're going." The stalker still didn't look at me. "Be quiet." I grasped the handle that was on the roof of the car. "Where are we going? Tell me!" I demanded. He rolled his eyes. "If you ask me one more time, then I'll..." He cut himself off. "Just shut up, alright?" I remained silent for the rest of the car ride.