10 year challange

Virgil pov.

"Honey come here please" I heard my mother call me. I get up and run to the dinner room. "So your father found the perfect place to test if you are ready to become king" I look over at my father for confirmation.

"Yes your mother is right we found an apartment where some humans are needing people to live with them and you can bring 2 others with you, if you can keep under control and make them believe you are a human after 10 years you will become king and you can turn them to slaves or just kill them." He says that so calmly I mean I've been out there a couple times but I've never interacted with humans unless they were prey.

"Hunny please don't freak out now go pick a guard and a friend you're leaving on Friday and will get there at night remember you'll be traveling during the day" my mother said before sending me off. As I walk back to my room I smell animal blood? Patton, he hate the idea of feeding off of humans so he usually go after rodents I think the biggest prey I've seen him get was a cow. Anyways I walk into to my room to see him waiting on my bed eating a rat.

"Hey son everything good?" He asked after tossing the rat out the window.

"Yeah.. um would you... maybe like to live with some humans?" I asked looking down after he didn't respond I started to worry "its okay you don't its just my challenge for the cr-"

"Live with humans? Ohh I wonder what they will be like? Does that mean I can bake without giving weird look or anything? When are we leaving?" He started going off with questions. Patt always wanted to meet human but everyone thinks he is to soft and they will hurt him.

"Yeah, we'll be leaving fri-" someone knocked on my door "come in"

Janus walks in half of his face is a snake tattoo, he got it when he was training to become my guard "dinner is ready" as he started to walk out I stopped him.

"You spend a lot of time with humans yes?"

"I do"

"Will you accompany me on a challenge" he started to grin.

"Are you asking me because I know more about humans then you?"

"Bring me my blood bag" I told him I hate it when he is right.

"Ohh do you know how many humans we will be staying with?" Patt asked all excited, I shake my head no. Right as Janus brings my bag. "Hey dee can you tell us some things about human?" Oh god

"Well you can't use magic and if you get hurt or something you'll have to hide it for awhile and keep your teeth hidden" me and patt give each other a confuse look jan sighs "humans are week and dont have as sharp teeth as us when are we leaving?"

"Oh we are leaving in the morning  traveling day father said we should get there by night" I informed them.

"Then goodnight prince and Patton" jan told us as we head off.

"See you tomorrow prince" Patton told me as he Flys out the window. So while I'm living there a lot of things will be different. I started to drift off to sleep.