Chapter 16: Ninja

Cornered Rat

Chapter 16

Ninja

Zane watched from the door as he looked at the nindroid who held Warren close to him. The boys fingers were full of his cloak. Neither refusing to put the other down. The war had subsided down below. Another droid joined Zane watching the mech and boy just holding one another. Zane knew who the droid was, they had fought on many occasions.

"I thought you were dead." Zane finally said. It wasn't accusing, or harmful. Just an acknowledgement. Cryptor chuckled and looked at his double.

"Yeah, I was ready to keep letting you believe that. But then...that happened. I guess...Mindroid and I were lonely. My curiosity created us a son."

"Son? The boy is cybernetic."

"No...Beck is my doing. I went in for repairs to my knees. When Dr. Danika left the room to get more struts and grease...I changed a few things in the blueprints. I had no idea this would happen to him." He motioned to the little boy. "I had no intention of him becoming a law enforcement officer. Looking for some unknown child and becoming so attached to him." He took a deep breath.

"Sometimes, things happen that we don't plan. We just have to roll with the punches when they come." Zane patted Cryptors shoulder. "I will pretend I didn't see you, but I do insist that you remain hidden with your...wife." He cleared his throat and walked back toward the front of the ship.

"We're almost to Borg Tower. Do you want us to drop you off somewhere?" Pixal asked. Cryptor jumped and looked at the femme. He hadn't seen his sister in a very long time.

"N...No, my wife is there. I need to pick her up and leave."

"Wife?"

"Ma'am?" Pixal perked up seeing the droid holding the boy. Beck was about to say something when the boy's stomach growled loudly and Beck nodded and shrugged as if saying that was what he was going to ask. "I can pay you, I just...well..."

"He's a child Beck. Of course we'll give him something to eat. Poor boys probably starving." Pixal lead them into a dining room and motioned for the boy to sit down. The boy didn't want to move out of Beck's lap. So Beck sat down and let him eat the soup he had been given.

"Thank you." Beck said. He felt something plug into the back of his neck. He had to admit, he was exhausted. The power that fed into him felt great. Almost like hot chocolate sliding down your throat after playing outside in the snow for hours. He let his cheek rest on Warren's head. The boy smiled and leaned back against him. He looked so happy just sitting there with him. Even though his feet were now burnt, and small burn marks could be seen through his shirt, and the rope burns around his wrist, and neck. Cryptor dared not think of what all could be wrong with Danika.

"Where's she?" Warren asked looking up at Beck. His eyes fell on Cryptor and he leaned back against Beck again.

"She?" Cryptors deep voice made Warren's chest vibrate.

"Danika? Wasn't she still in there?" Beck looked around at Heil who was in the doorway.

"No no, General Cryptor sir. He saved her."

"Cryptor...saved a human?" Zane was amazed, floored. His processor couldn't compute what he was hearing so he chose not to. "Impossible. Cryptor doesn't have this capacity."

"Its true." Heil said. "Saw it with my own eyes."

"We're around Borg Tower." Nya called from the wheel house. Zane sighed as he stood up glaring at Cryptor.

"I don't understand. Didn't Cryptor make you?" Warren asked, running his sleeve over his chin.

"Yes," Beck stood up picking up the bowl and handing it to Pixal.

"I don't understand, how can someone so bad create someone like you?" Beck felt his pump box flip flop in his chest.

"Ah Beck!" Borg waved the mech down from the Bounty's ramp. "Oh and this must be the boy you found. Excellent! The law enforcement officers are here to procure him." Beck stopped and looked down at the boy who whimpered and curled into Beck again. Beck found it hard to let go as well.

But he didn't belong to him. He was just a boy, and he was a mech with no rights. Beck closed his eyes and sighed holding Warren out to the commissioner. "His feet are burnt...so don't put him down."

"You did good Beck." Warren shook his head.

"Be a good boy Warren. I'll see you around."