Chapter 14: Breaking Protocol

Cornered Rat

Chapter 14

Breaking Protocol

Beck wasn't sure how long he sat there. His readings aren't showing properly anymore. Everything looked too hazy to see anyways. When he felt someone shake his shoulder did he open his optics again.

"Get up." He felt the spear being pulled from his stomach. He felt the oil spill once again. His hand instinctively went to the hole it had created. "Get up Beck!" He knew that scratchy voice.

"General?" He looked up at the mech in front of him. He felt someone remove his hand from the hole and gasped as he reached in and began to repair him. "They took them." Beck sighed looking up at the light on the ceiling. It looked like it was just hanging on by wires.

"Yes, they did. So what are you going to do about it?" Cryptor looked at him as he reattached the final wire and closed up his chest plate. Beck felt his systems coming back online one by one. His eyes began to focus on Cryptor.

"How did you find me?" Beck sat up adjusting his shirt laying back again.

"Wait till everything is calibrated idiot." Beck gawked at the general. He didn't expect that sort of speech from him, but then again he also didn't expect anything from him. Much less a rescue. He didn't didn't answer his question either. He figured he probably wouldn't.

"Danika has a tracker." He admitted holding up a small rod. "Turn your head. I don't put one of my operatives in the field without something they can use to get an advantage." Beck felt Cryptor press something to the port on the back of his neck. It was painful actually, a new sensation, and a lot of voices. Although just as soon as he heard them it was like they all realized there was someone else in the room with them and all eyes were on him. He looked up at Cryptor who chuckled.

"You are there General after all. Command them, they will listen to you." Beck shook his head looking at Cryptor squarely.

"Me...but you're the General. I can't...I can't do what you do. I am just...Beck." Cryptor chuckled and shook his head.

"Oh no no. You misunderstand. I'm going too..." Cryptor opened the door to show that not only were dark colored nindroids outside, but the white ones as well. "I want some payback of my own. He hurt what is mine, and I want to hurt him back." Cryptor picked up a gun and activated his jets. "He took something from you! What are you going to do?" Cryptor demanded of his creation.

"Take it back." Beck activated his own jets and took to the sky, the other droids did as he did. This was breaking all the rules that he had within his processor, but there was a boy that needed him.

"Got a plan?" Cryptor asked him. Of course he didn't have a plan.

"I'm not a tactician. That was Heils job."

"You called?" Beck looked around and spotted Heil. "Commissioner is pissed, but he knows you're doing what you gotta do."

"The beacon eats up ahead sir. There's a high rise there with windows. Seventh floor."

"He can get inside of our heads via Borgs network...delete it!" Beck commanded. As they all did so their eye color changed to a white color, save for Beck. Cryptor sighed.

"I liked red." He shook his head and ordered his men to do the same.

"I mean it's not like you listened to him anyways." Beck chuckled.

"Oh he and I have a deal. He fixes my husband, and I take you in." Beck was floored. He glared at Cryptor the white nindroids seemed to take a defensive position. "Oh stop it, you know he won't take you apart, he just wants to make sure you're operating properly and catalog you. Cataloging you will be easier to fix you, if/when you're broken." okay that sounded better.

"Alright...I've sent a message to him...he's surrounded...let them go or we blow the place up. If he's just going to kill the kid anyways I think that gives us creative freedom." Cryptor chuckled at Heils words. "Your partner reminds me of mine. Keep hold of him." Beck blushed.