A Sad Kiss - Part 1

Summary: Just as Jasper is about to tell Henry how he feels, he sees something that he wishes never to see, receiving support from the most unlikely of places.

Jasper POV

I had always looked at Henry as my best bud, seeing how we did everything together. I was proud of him being Kid Danger, and even though I couldn't tell anybody, I liked being able to know something not many other people did.

Henry was the coolest guy ever, and was the one person who would laugh at my jokes. We'd known each other for so long and without him I know life would be no fun.

I was sat down on Henry's couch, waiting for Henry to come down and see me. He had called down to say he wouldn't be long, so I played on my phone until he was ready.

Piper: You're going to be waiting forever, you know.

Me: What?

Piper: For Henry, he's quite busy at the moment.

Me: He is? What is he doing then?

Piper: Probably fixing his hair.

Me: Oh okay.

I was feeling a bit weird when Piper sat down next to me, and even more weird when she moved closer. I didn't know what she was trying to do, but I guess I didn't have to wait long to find out.

Piper: I know, by the way.

Me: Know what?

Piper: About you, and why you are really here to see Henry.

Me: I really don't know what you're talking about.

Piper: Then why are you reading a note on your phone, admitting everything.

Me: I... Uh...

In all of the confusion, I had left my secret speech for Henry on the screen of my phone and Piper had started reading it.

Piper: Why don't you go upstairs and just tell him already?

Me: Because... Well... He may not like me.

Piper: So you are holding back for only that reason?

Me: Aren't you bothered by it?

Piper: Hey it's not my business.

I looked at her and for the first time ever, the expression I saw on her face looked like it was a completely sincere one.

Me: In that case, perhaps you're right.

I stood up, but not before tripping over slightly. I stopped myself falling and brushed my shirt off, before walking upstairs, with Piper following me.

Me: What are you doing?

Piper: I want to see this!

I reached the door to Henry's room, and was going to knock when I noticed that it was not fully closed. I gently pushed it open, but what I saw meant that I would be sad.

There was Henry sat on his bed with Charlotte, kissing passionately. I knew that they liked one another, but not that much. I closed the door, and walked away, noting that Piper looked just as confused as me.

I was about to leave the house when Piper grabbed my arm, and pulled me back onto the couch. I was surprised at how strong she was.

Piper: Look Jasper, I wasn't expecting that, and I never meant for you to be upset.

Me: What does it matter Piper? He clearly likes her, they were kissing.

Piper: They'll both realise it is a mistake and Henry will come to you, knowing that you are the one he really desires.

Me: I just wish I could believe it.

That was when I picked up my stuff and left, but this time Piper didn't stop me. I couldn't stop playing the scene of Henry kissing Charlotte in my head, and I never wanted to see either of them again.

Thank you for reading!

Part 2 to follow.