eight

I pushed through the settings of the camera until I found the option to turn off the flash. I adjusted the lenses, made sure it was fully clean, and then slowly made my way over to her.

This was an image I could stare at forever, but as they say 'a picture will last longer.'

I crouched next to her.

She was curled up to herself on the couch, resting peacefully. Her eye lids fluttering every 7 seconds. Up close, I could see one stray eyelash above her cheek. Chills covered her skin from head to toe as she gave off a small shiver every so often.

I slowly dragged my finger over her arm.

The beautiful, lush lips that I loved kissing so often were a little chap and slightly agape. I was tempted to kiss them, but I refrained and stood up.

This was her.

I took a few steps back and lifted my camera up to my face.

*click*

Another for just in case.

*click*

Then one more just because she was beautiful.

*click*

I crouched back down to her height and softly dragged my thumb across her cheek, discarding the eyelash. Afterwards, placing a gentle kiss to her lips. I smiled when she still remained sleep.

I lifted myself onto the place on the couch behind her and lied down. When I drooped my arms around her to bring her closer, she turned around in her sleep and snuggled closer to my chest. I closed my eyes and soaked in the perfection of this moment.

I kissed her forehead and blindly lifted the camera above us to take a picture.

*click*

Then I tossed the camera down at the foot of the couch and wrapped my arms around her tightly, pushing a leg between hers and enjoying this moment.