Chapter V

HURT

Later that day, I dragged myself to our class. My body was tired and my stomach was growling in hunger since I had to skip lunch to do some work.

"Hey, what happened to you two? Why is your hair so messy and what happened to your hand? Why is it bruised?", I asked my two friends who looked bit out of the normal.

"That Jeon bastard. He tried to attack us."

"We did nothing wrong. We were just talking and he came on us out of the blue."

This is what my bestfriends told me.

But it is not hard to distinguish who is the abuser and who is the victim. Who is lying and who is not.

After seeing Jungkook, face covered with fresh wounds and bruises and shirted tainted with thick red blood, his shiny black long hair now disheveled as if one had pulled it hard.

That day, I knew that my very bestfriends were a bunch of liars.

Two days had passed and things were bit calm now. That day, Jungkook's parents had to kneel down infront of abusers' parents not to sue a victim. As usual, people blame the ones who are weak or different.

After a long tiring day, I was finally walking back to home, when I saw Jungkook walking ahead of me in the footpath. He was walking slowly with his head down.

"Is he....... crying??", I asked myself.

Just then, something took over me and I didn't hesitate before calling out for his name.

"Jungkook!"