Chapter VIII

A SWEET SUMMER

At the end of the day, I was busy cleaning the class since it was my duty that week. It was hot so I decided to stop for a bit and stood by the window.

As the summer breeze swept across my face, I saw Jungkook walking back to home. And this time, with his head high.

“He’s walking just fine.” I smiled and started my work again.

After that, some time passed, and Jungkook transferred somewhere far away. It had something to do with his parents’ jobs.

In the end, the only time I ever spoke to him was on that day, outside the school.

As for myself, I entered High School then University, got a decent job, and fell in love many times before I got ready for marriage.

It’s been 15 years since then. A lot of people around me, including myself, have gone through many changes.

I walked out of the restaurant after billing the payment. After bidding farewell to everyone, I walked slowly in the street savoring the sweet night.

I wasn’t fully drunk but my head was still filled with the thoughts of the past and future making me bit dizzy. I walked ahead as I kept my head down.

Whenever I look down while I walk, there’s something I would always remember…..

I stopped when I saw a pair of shoes in front of me. I slowly moved my head up to see who it was. I met with eyes slightly covered by long shiny black hair.

Jeon Jungkook.

“.….are you alright?”

I was unable hear or see clearly as I was still under the influence of alcohol. I rubbed my eyes and smiled when I finally recognized the person standing in front of me.

I raised my hand and patted his head slowly.

“Don’t cut your hair. It suits you.”, with that I started walking forward.

I suddenly stopped and turned back to look at him again.

“See you later, Yeonjun.”

I would always remember about that day, when I saw Jungkook walk, looking straight ahead.

And the memory of what I called friendship in my short 14 years of life.

I don’t know in which corner of the world he is in or what he’s doing right now. But I hope his eyes are still shining as bright as that day.

The End.