Chapter VII

A BETTER WORLD

Okay. I am going to get someone to read out their homework.” said sir as he started the class.

“Any volunteers? No one?… Then, Jungkook stand and read yours.”

“Wouldn’t it be surprising if he says he wants a husband and adopt 7 kids.”

“I know right.”

My two so-called bestfriends laughed as if what they’re saying wasn’t bit out of the line. I saw Jungkook clenching his sheet of paper, which meant he heard their nonsense.

“In the coming 15 years I-”

“Sir I want to read mine first. I interrupted Jungkook in between without thinking much.

“Oh, how rare of you Taehyung. Go on.” said sir.

“Umm…. in 15 years, Doraemon will still be here, there will bigger phones…..”

Everyone started giggling as soon as I started reading. I looked up for a moment and saw Jungkook’s eyes.

It was the same unreadable yet sad eyes which I’ve had seen before. In the class, in the library, in the P.E. court, in the footpath. Everywhere. Everytime.

Also… perhaps I will be able to choose what living being I am, and, somehow it won’t matter whether you’re male or female and then, without a sense of discomfort a world will exist where there are no gaps in friendship or love. I believe the world will turn out like this...”

I looked at the empty sheet of paper in my hands. I glanced up again at Jungkook and I saw something else.

I saw his eyes gleaming bright and a soft smile lingering on his face before he turned his head to the front.

Maybe that was the truth.

Jungkook.

He wanted to pull the plug on things like love and friendship. Nevertheless, he still wanted someone to acknowledge him for who he was.

“...in other words, I want to become like that.”