Chapter VI

HIS WORLD

I panicked after I realized what I had just done. But it was too late now. He turned around and looked at me with puzzled eyes. He somehow looked like a bunny to me.

But I was out of words after seeing him not crying. I was an idiot for jumping into conclusions.

But it was a good thing that his cuts were showing some healing progress.

“What?” he asked.

“I-I…. Umm, I was wondering what were you looking at…?” I said whatever came to my mind first.

“Looking down while walking is a habit of mine.”

“Ahh…. heheh… it seems bad for your neck. Is it… fun?”, I tried to hide my awkwardness.

Not really. It’s just when I look down while walking, I feel like the only person in the world.” he said as his eyes looked lonely.

Those words made me realize something about him. I also realized that was the first time we’ve spoken to each other.

“See you later.” said Jungkook pulling me out of my trance.

I saw his back moving further and further and suddenly he stopped. He turned back to look at me again.

“Thanks Taehyung for calling out to me.”

I was told ‘Thank You’. I was the least person to be thanked by him. That was the only time in my life, I felt my chest was going to be crushed.

He was gone. Away from my line of sight. But I was stuck where I was. I looked down at my feet as a tear slipped out of my eyes and fell on the ground.

I wondered, in Jungkook’s world, is he completely alone?

I wondered if that’s what he wishes for.