•19•

•••
THE FOLLOWING CONTENT WILL BE NARRATED BY
THE CHARACTERS
•••

POV ARI
**
I watch as Manu's car parks outside my home, his beautiful black car waiting. He doesn't honk the horn, doesn't text, just waits.

It's as if he trusts me that I'll go out there anyway. (As he should!) I smile to myself, grabbing my purse and phone, and rushing outside. There he is, in his car. He notices my existence and smiles sweetly, those full lips twerking up in his 'signature sweetie smile'.

"Hey hot stuff, do I know you?"

He smirks up at me, throwing his phone away. "Nah, darling."

"Oh... I was wondering if I could have your number?" I lean towards the window, his hazel eyes, as always, focused on me.

"Yeah, sure. It's: 111-ilove-you," he says, and I chuckle.

"Thanks." He unlocks the door, and I slide in. His car smells like cherries and smoke. "You're still smoking?"

"Sorry, bae."

I roll my eyes, grabbing his cigarettes out of his car slot. "I don't want you to get lung cancer later on, I want you to live forever."

He chuckles. "That's never gonna happen bae. Now, gimme back my cigarettes."

"No thanks." I grab the pack, blink once, and chuck it out the window. He literally screams in horror.

"Why did you do that?!" He screams. "My last pack!!!"

I laugh. "Oops."

He drives all the way to Jenna's, he already knows since I suspect they've already exchanged locations beforehand. I sit there, listening to the radio which Manu loves to crank up it's highest, as we hold hands, his warm thumb rubbing my hand.

He sighs, looking into the road, the cool air entering the car. I feel so calm right now, right here, with him. "I'm so happy with you," he says, turning down the volume of the radio.

He turns to face me, ignoring the road. Good thing there's no traffic or cars. "I'm glad to have liked and commented your posts that day..." He says.

"Oh yeah... How did you find my profile?"

He chuckles. "Two reasons. First, Jenna told me. She DM'ed me until I had to respond, saying to check out her and your profile, that you were 'the girl of my life' and stuff. Finally I had to accept, and well, the second reason, I liked your pics, so I liked and commented."

"Huh. It all makes sense. Really simple, actually. Jenna, being the way she is, and you, being the way you are." He shrugs, turning his attention back to the road.

Once we're finally there, Jenna opens the door, blasting music all over. I cover my ears. "Didn't you say it was only gonna be us?" Manu yells, both of us noticing the multitude of people inside.

"Did I?" Me and Manu exchange exasperated glances. "Welp, they're family soo..." She shrugs, letting us in. We both enter, and wave to the crowd. It's actually all men, so I feel a bit uncomfortable. Manu must sense my uncomfortableness, because he blows me a kiss, gripping my hand tighter.

"Want a drink, bae?"

"Yeah, thanks hottie," I reply, searching for a place where we can sit down while he goes I'm search of the drinking area. I hope no one gives him cigarettes.

"Hey..." A voice greets me.

"Hi!" I say, looking up to greet the person. I freeze as I see who it is.

"I see you're doing well with a celebrity, huh, Arianna?" Says a now familiar voice. I tremble, looking down.

It's my ex.