Chapter 9: Teaching

Chapter 9: Teaching
Copyright 2021 by John Wells. All Rights Reserved.

Morning came too early. Another Wake-Up shower to start the day. However, I felt better] than the three hours should have left me, because of the energy empowered me. I glanced at the math Debbie left me, so automating download works while sleeping. Now, it needs to take notes automatically.

Dan was waiting for me when I arrived for breakfast on Wednesday. 'You had a productive evening last night. I want you to teach us all how to duplicate it at two.'

I immediately panic, getting sick to my stomach. I let Dan see what he has done to me. He calms and settles me, saying it will not be that bad. I do not believe him for a second, but my body still betrays me, becoming at ease with his effort to settle my emotions. I send him videos to prove my point of each attempt at public speaking. Not one time did a word exit my body, only tears and stomach contents.

Once everyone was present, Dan stated, "June will teach us a new trick at two. Afterwards, we will start combat training. Meet outside the barn."

I stare daggers at him and offer to serve up his stomach contents as I rip him open. He does not back down and he forces me to eat by taking control of my body, plus relax by setting my emotions. I could fight and win, but he truly is helping me, so I do not.

Breakfast is eggs and hash-browns. People tried to get answers out of both Dan and me. After breakfast, I went outside to the barn with my second coffee. While I started math once more, I talked to all the mares before floating on the goal Dan had specified. She started bucking (e.g. kicking her front or back legs out) attempting to toss me repeatedly for a few minutes. I used air to keep my place. She ran as fast as possible and jumped the fence, followed by zigzagging, trying to toss me for a few more minutes. As she tired out, I suggested a destination. She ignored me, going the opposite direction. I pushed a little more forcibly against her mind. She relented and went there. I picked a new destination and speed. She attempted to go faster, but responded immediately to my force. I had her head to the river slowly.

Once she is under my control, I realized sending images between Debbie and myself should be my next goal. Debbie had transferred a few weeks' worth of math lessons last night. Before I deleted the text, I skimmed it to make sure I remembered everything. I still think about automate the note taking. I had hoped it would work as it did. Debbie tested my math and found I was where I was supposed to be. Praising speed learning, I celebrate that the worst subject handled and behind me. Thank you, God.

We arrived at the river, so I slid off the horse and gave her some praise, plus scratches behind her ears. She pressed her nose against my chest before wandering to a grassy spot.

Debbie started downloading my next subject, while I let my mind find the nearest animal. I called it to me and watched a squirrel hesitantly cross to me, as I lowered myself to sit on a rock. It sat on my lap while I scratched its head. When I stopped, it curled up into a ball and slept. I started skimming the new lesson, storing facts intermixed with my fear of public speaking. The squirrel woke up and wandered off, looking for food. What should have been forty minutes of learning ended up taking hours. But, at least it was faster than the weeks it would have taken sitting in front of a laptop.

I got back on my horse by jumping up and headed back for lunch. On the way, Debbie tested my knowledge, and I passed. She started downloading the next subject while I discovered an injured animal. I assumed the trick with trees could repair the deer, so I started. Unfortunately, it was my friend from last night. She did not mind my attention. But a mountain lion approached, growling at us and frightening her. While healing the deer and calming my horse, I had to stop the lion. I used last night's trick to put it to sleep. The deer attempted to flee, after I fixed her enough to make it possible, so I had to calm her, as I finished healing. I let the deer go the instant she was better. I transport a steak out of our freezer and warmed it up similar to a microwave by vibration of the water molecules. Once ready, I tossed it to the lion and wake it up. Turns out the lion was a female, as well. As she tore into it, I flew on my horse and continued riding back to the barn. I used my link to Jane to inform her of the missing steak.